Gold and silver are nearly everywhere you turn from home decor to fashion, kitchen items to paper crafting and more! We're thrilled to be bringing you our own bit of gold and silver.....new products which are sure to add major flair to all your paper-crafted items!
We are excited to present an entire line of metallic products in both silver and gold! These basics will make your projects look professional and classy! When you peek around at anything in the design industry, pops of foiled gold and silver are everywhere. And now you can add those touches to your projects with ease!
First up is the Luxe Gold & Silver Cardstock! It has a lovely matte finish when you don't want as much shine. Great with die-cuts and especially elegant with impression plates!
- Luxe Cardstock will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $6.
- Luxe Cardstock (available in gold or silver) contain 5 (8-1/2" x 11") sheets in each package.
Luxe Gold & Silver Adhesive Sheets are next! Get super shine with easy to use adhesive backing! Great for dies with a lot of detail that may be difficult to adhere otherwise! Awesome with alphabet dies as well!
- Luxe Adhesive Sheets will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $9.
- Luxe Adhesive Sheets are available in gold or silver. Each package contains 5 (8-1/2" x 11") sheets.
Here is a comparison of these new metallic products compared to the gold and silver shimmer papers we already carry in the store.
And now you're in for a real treat! Click on any of the images below for a larger view!
Lastly, we bring you Luxe Foil Gold & Silver Paper Collections! Using an impressive letterpress technique, these white papers are impressed and foiled. The detail is amazing and we can hardly wait for you to see the designs in real life! Two collections will be available, one in gold and one in silver, with the pads being A2 size.
- Luxe Foil Patterned Paper Collections will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- They will retail for $10 each.
- Luxe Foil Paper Collections are available in silver or gold, and contain 18 (4-1/4" x 5-1/2" sheets, 3 sheets each of 6 patterns.
- The Luxe Foil Patterned Papers are done on our signature white linen paper.
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
One thing I love about the new Luxe Foil Patterned Papers is how EASY they make paper crafting! All you need to do is add a few embellishments and a sentiment and you're done! The effect is elegant and effortless!
I die-cut a few Sketched Stars from the new Luxe Gold Adhesive Sheet, which allowed me to just peel and stick! The gold color of the adhesive sheets matches the foil used on the papers. Same goes for the silver versions too!
I used the Wonderful Words: Hello die-cut with a few layers of our coasters to get a thick chipboard looking accent, then die-cut a final layer with the Luxe Gold Adhesive Sheet. I love that I can create my own metallic die-cut phrases now! So much more inexpensive! As a final step, I adhered everything to a Raspberry Fizz card base.
My next project uses the new Luxe Silver Cardstock. The new metallic cardstocks are a matte finish for when you don't want as much shine. Let me tell you, this stuff is a dream to work with! It die-cuts like butter and the effect you get with impression plates is just magical. Here I have used the Woodgrain impression plate with it, and the results are stunning.
I die-cut the word "happy" using the Bookprint Alphabet dies and white cardstock. I then stamped this "life" circle from Get Lost onto white cardstock in Simply Chartreuse ink, punching it out with a 5/8" circle punch. I added it to the center of the "p" using foam tape. A few scattered adhesive gems finish it off.
I know you will love the subtle matte shine of this paper! Now take a look at what some of the other team members have created with this new metallics lineup!
Betsy Veldman will be featuring Luxe Gold & Silver Card Stock, Luxe Gold & Silver Adhesive Sheets and Luxe Foil Gold & Silver Paper Collections.
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Laura Bassen.
CLICK HERE to see more from Laurie Willison.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
Now that I have shown you a few projects, how about some news?
Introducing Project Stamp-a-faire, our 2015 Paper Fashion Extravaganza! We will be taking inspiration from the hit series, "Project Runway" as we combine the art of fashion and paper crafting. Some of the things in store for you are an unconventional materials challenge, lessons in mixing and matching patterns, "Make It Work" moments, tips on how to "accessorize" your cards and SO much more! There will be a plethora of challenges, videos and tutorials for you to enjoy all day long! Not to mention tons of PRIZES! And I can't forget to mention the "red carpet" you will enjoy at the end of the event! This will be a fun and inspirational experience EVERYONE can participate in for FREE!
In case you missed the festivities from our online event last year, here is a short video showcasing a brief summary of the fun we had and the types of things you can look forward to this year!
You can also check out all of out Stamp-a-faire Archives HERE!
Mark your calendars for Saturday, August 29, 2015 because you will definitely want to set this aside as a day for yourself to indulge in your favorite hobby! More details about this online event will be made available as the date grows a bit nearer, but here is a brief run-down of what you can look forward to at Stamp-a-faire 2015!
- A world-wide online event bringing Papertrey fans from around the globe together.
- An exclusive fashion inspired kit will be available for purchase, containing products created just for this event by your favorite designers!
- Limited Edition Stamp-a-faire stamp set included!
- Videos, challenges, contests, tutorials & inspiration posted throughout the day by the Papertrey Team.
- Enjoy festivities from the comfort of your own home or plan to meet with other Papertrey fans in your local area to participate together.
- Share photos and live videos of your projects and silly moments from your individual gatherings in a fun central location.
- and much, much more!
This will prove to be a very fun event for everyone, no matter where you are. We love the idea of being able to allow anyone to participate, no limits. And there will be no overhead travel expenses for anyone to invest. The day will be all about our mutual love of this hobby! More details to come soon and we hope to see you there!
With today's product introductions being geared around metallics, your challenge is to incorporate nothing but metallics and neutrals into a new card creation! Think heat embossing, metallic papers, embellishments, fibers or ribbons. Time to pull out all of your heavy metal!
1. Create a new project that features nothing but metallics and neutrals.
2. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product.
3. Upload a photo of your project to your blog, online gallery or any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
4. Add the direct link to your project on our InLinkz list below.
5. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE!
6. And/or you can leave a comment here to be eligible to win. Are you as inspired by by gold and silver as we are? Do you currently use gold and silver in your card making or will this fill a major void in your craft stash? Which item do you see yourself using the most? (Just click the small "comments" link beside the date in the footer of this post. If you are reading this as an email subscription, be sure to click through to the actual blog to leave an eligible comment)
7. You have until 7am EST, Sunday, February 15th to add your project link or comment and qualify for the contest.
8. EIGHT randomly selected winners will be announced on our February Release Winners page no later than noon EST, February 15th.
- PAPER: Raspberry Fizz, Luxe Foil Patterned Paper (gold scribbled circles), Luxe Gold Adhesive Sheet
- OTHER: Wonderful Words: Hello die, Sketched Stars dies, coasters
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
HAPPY LIFE CARD
- STAMPS: Get Lost
- INK: Simply Chartreuse
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Luxe Silver Cardstock
- OTHER: Woodgrain impression plate, Bookprint Alphabet dies, 5/8" circle punch, adhesive gems
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"