Black cats and full moons on what's on our agenda today! With Halloween just around the corner, whether you're superstitious or you're just a cat person, we've got a few little somethings we think you might have some fun with this Halloween and beyond!
- Superstition will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Superstition contains a total of 33 images. The scaredy cat measures approximately 1-1/2" inches by 1-3/8".
The pumpkin bottom measures approximately 1" x 1". The paper sack measures 1-5/8" by 1-3/8". The large "Happy Halloween" sentiment measures approximately 2-1/2 " x 1/2 ". The "When black cats prowl" sentimentmeasures approximately 2" x 1-1/4".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $14. This collection includes a total of 2 dies (6 wired shapes + 8 wired shapes). 4-5/8" x 3-1/3" (A), 4-1/4" x 3-1/8" (B)
- Everyday Cat Sentiments will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Everyday Cat Sentiments contains a total of 8 images. The "women and cats sentiment" measures approximately 1-1/2" by 1-3/4".The "home is where..." sentiment measures approximately 2-1/2" x 1/2". The "To err is human..." sentiment measures approximately 1-1/8" x 1".
- Full Moon will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Full Moon contains a total of 7 images. The full moon measures slightly less than 2-1/2". The large cloud
measures 3/4" x 2-3/8". The smallest cloud measures 1/5" x 3/4". The sentiment measures 2-3/8" x 1-1/5".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $4. This collection includes a single die (4 wired shapes). 4" x 1-1/4"
- The moon image in this set coordinates with the Limitless Layers: 2-1/2" Circle dies.
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
For my first project I just *had* to use this cute cat that is playing dress-up! I love two-step images like this because it is so easy to use multiple colors and set the stage for your card!
It all started with the Wine Bottle Tag die. I cut it from Simply Chartreuse cardstock and cut the top off to accomodate my card. One of the wonderful things about the Dangled Stars die is that you can trim it to the size you need, as I did here to fit on the tag. I die-cut the stars separately from silver sparkle fun foam and adhered them in place with Glossy Accents.
I die-cut the cat along with the hat and stamped them with the coordinating images, all from Superstition. I love how detailed the cape portion is, it looks so realistic!
A speech bubble was in order, so I die-cut one from Winter Wisteria cardstock using the Bubble Talk die. I heat embossed the sentiment from Happy Spooky Halloween using White Filigree Embossing Powder.
This punny sentiment that is included in Superstition was the perfect thing to finish off the card!
I used a Smokey Shadow card base along with a Smokey Shadow Bitty Dot card front to mount everything onto.
Now, don't let these cats fool you! They are for much more than just Halloween! Here I have created a little something that is perfect as an encouragement card.
I stamped this pouncing cat silhouette in New Leaf so it looks like she is getting into a brwon paper bag full of yarn! The yarn images are from the previously released Knit Bits set, added in Tropical Teal. I made sure to add the yarn in a darker color so that I could stamp a portion of it over the cat image and have it show up well.
The bag (from Superstition) was die-cut from Classic Kraft cardstock and then stamped in the same color ink using the coordinating stamp. I added "life" to the bag with Canyon Clay ink, followed by this sentiment underneath in True Black, both of which are from Purls of Wisdom.
To complete the card I added rickrack die-cut from New Leaf Bitty Dot paper. Everything was adhered to a Soft stone card base.
Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Laura Bassen.
CLICK HERE to see more from Laurie Willison.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Are you feeling spookily inspired for this year's Halloween crafting or are you excited for the year-round applications with today's cat-themed products? Or maybe a little of both? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, August 15th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our August Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
TOO CUTE TO SPOOK CARD
- STAMPS: Superstition, Happy Spooky Halloween (available August 15th)
- INK: Smokey Shadow, Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Winter Wisteria, Smokey Shadow, Smokey Shadow Pattern Pack (bitty dot)
- OTHER: Dangled Stars die, Superstition dies, Bubble Talk die, Wine Bottle Tag die, White Filigree Embossing Powder, silver sparkle fun foam (Hobby Lobby)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
WORK PAST THE KNOTS CARD
- STAMPS: Superstition (available August 15th) Knit Bits, Purls of Wisdom
- INK: New Leaf, Tropical Teal, Classic Kraft, Canyon Clay, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, Classic Kraft, New Leaf Pattern Pack (bitty dot)
- OTHER: Superstition dies, Rickrack Border die
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"