Weather is just one of those things we can ALL relate too, regardless of what part of this planet we're living on! That being said, you'll love all of today's weather inspired products which are sure to make your crafting so much fun! Whether creating for guys or gals, adults or kiddos, there are some weather-themed products just perfect for letting them know how much you care!
Enclosed: Sun is the sixth in a monthly series of stamp sets designed to coordinate with a monthly set of dies that can be used on cards or in conjunction with the Enclosed: Basic Folded Tag Die, allowing you to make your own custom gift tags and card embellishments for a variety of recipients and gift-giving needs! Each Enclosed stamp set and die collection feature a different theme and die shape that will work together beautifully to cover occasions throughout the year. You’ll want to be sure to collect them all!
- Enclosed: Sun will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Enclosed: Sun contains a total of 11 images. The sun rays image measures 1-7/8” x 1-1/4”. The “Shine” sentiment measure 1-7/8” x 5/8”. The “so proud of you” sentiment measure 1-1/2” x 3/8”.
- A coordinating die/collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $19. This collection includes a total of 3 dies.
So Striking is a modern take on a thunderstorm theme. The lightning bolt was the inspiration for this striking set. It’s perfect for nearly anyone, but particularly cool for boys. These images and matching dies coordinate perfectly with the So Striking pattern paper pad. The So Striking collection is one that will fit right in to your current paper crafting collection.
- So Striking will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- So Striking contains a total of 19 images. The sun image measures 1 1/2" in diameter, the largest lightning bolt image measures 7/8” x 1 5/8”, the largest cloud image measures 2 1/4" x 1”, the smallest cloud image measures 1” x 3/4", the “I like people…” sentiment measures 1” x 1 3/8”, the “zap” sentiment measures 7/8” x 1/2".
- A coordinating die/collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $9. This collection includes a total of 11 dies. large cloud 2-1/4" x 1-1/8", small cloud 1-1/4" x 7/8", cloud outline 1" x 7/8", sun 1-1/2", "awesome" 1-3/4" x 1/4", "smile" 1" x 3/8", "zap!" 1" x 1/2", "striking" 1-1/2" x 1/2", small bolt 3/8" x 1-1/2", large bolt 1" x 1-3/4"
Maile has even designed a fun paper pad to go along with her new stamps and dies, making the design options endless!
- So Striking paper collection will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $10.
- So Striking paper collection contains 36 (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") sheets, 4 sheets each of 9 designs.
- Printed on our signature white linen paper.
- Coordinates with the following colors - Summer Sunrise, Spring Rain, Lemon Tart, Soft Stone, True Black, Melon Berry, Smokey Shadow, Sweet Blush
Take the Cover Plate: Rainy Day die to the next level with this great sentiment set. Not only will this help you say just the right thing to those you love, but there are also patterned raindrops you can use with the shaped cut-outs.
- Rainy Day Sentiments will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Rainy Day Sentiments contains a total of 14 images. The large patterned raindrops measure 3/4" x 1-1/4" each. The small solid raindrop measures 3/8" x 5/8" "Raindrops on your cheeks..." measures 2-3/4" x 1/4". "Even though it's stormy now..." measures 3-1/8" x 1/4". "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..." measures 2-3/4" x 1/2".
Perfect to pair up with the new Rainy Day Sentiments stamp set....the large raindrop stamps can be used on any of the die-cut raindrops, no matter the size! Just be sure to remove the die-cut drop and stamp it on top of scrap paper.
- Cover Plate: Rainy Day die will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $16.
- Cover Plate: Rainy Day die measures 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".
Tucked In: Thinking of You is the sixth in a monthly series of stamp sets designed to give you options for sentiments to stamp on the inside of cards. Whether you don’t know what to write in your card, or you just love the professional, finished look of a stamped sentiment on the inside, the Tucked In series is just what you need to take the guess-work out of what to put in your cards! The Tucked In series focuses on sentiments for different occasions each month so you'll want to be sure to collect them all!
- Tucked In: Thinking of You will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Tucked In: Thinking of You contains a total of 2 images. The “Just wanted you to know…” sentiment measures 2-1/2” x 1-3/8”. The “Thought I’d send a little note…” sentiment measures 3” x 1”.
Here's another die brought to you by customer request, a die done in a similar style to the main word in the previously released "Hello Sunshine" set. The die is larger than the stamp found in the stamp set, but will still work beautifully with the companion sentiments in it.
- Sunshine die will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $3.
- Sunshine die measures 3-1/2" x 1".
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
My first card uses the awesome new So Striking set. I wanted to create a card around the sentiment "I like people who smile when it's raining."
I stamped several cloud images using Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist and Ripe Avocado. Rain was added underneath some of the clouds with Soft Stone ink.
A simple circle die was used to cut an opening in the background and from Aqua Mist cardstock to create a sentiment block. I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with White Filigree Embossing Powder.
Everything was adhered to an Aqua Mist card base.
This was a super fun card to make, not to mention easy too.
I masked a section of the card front using post-it notes, then sponged the section with Raspberry Fizz and Orange Zest inks. Using a watercolor brush, I added small drops of water that created the lighter dots, then putting the pieces aside to dry.
I die-cut the raindrops using the new Cover Plate: Rainy Day. Stacking two layers together for each drop, I adhered them in a scattered fashion over the inked strip.
I love all the sentiment included in Rainy Day Sentiments, especially this one. It's stamped in True Black ink.
For my last project I could hardly wait to cut into Maile's So Striking paper pad. I selected this fun blue cloud print.
I trimmed it down into a smaller block and adhered it with foam tape for dimension.
I die-cut the sun from a coaster and Summer Sunrise striped paper, layering the two. I then sponged the edges with Orange Zest ink. I opted to cut the sun in half and just add that portion to the card.
This pretty sentiment from Enclosed: Sun was added just underneath the sun. "Shine" was inked with both Summer Sunrise and Orange Zest inks. The companion sentiment was added with Charcoal Palette ink.
Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
Amy says, "Rainy days, we all have them. Spread a little cheer, hope, and sunshine with this fantastic collection of trendy weather-themed products. The Rainy Day Cover Plate is especially enticing with its creative possibilities. I couldn't resist a little watercolor for today's cards!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Amy Sheffer.
Ashley says, "I make cards rain or shine, so it is only fitting that there are stamps and dies that fit those scenarios too. With Rainy Day Sentiments, I can create cards to help uplift those who are having difficulties. My card uses rain drops in a unique way. Head on over to see it in detail and also check out an uplifting Shine card using Enclosed: Sun and more."
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
Betsy says, “Rain or shine, weather is in style! Stop by my blog to see my projects using the line up of new weather-themed goodies. One is a fun birthday card featuring a striking inked background, and the other is a sunshiny thinking of you card!”
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
Danielle says, "Rain or shine, these fun products will be just the perfect fit for your next card! Stop by my blog to see how I have paired up Scattered Showers with all the new goodies!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
Dawn says, "Weather images and themes are so great for a huge variety of cards, because we can all relate to weather, rain or shine! There are so many fun new products this month, lots of which can be mixed and matched to create cute weather cards for guys and gals alike! Stop by my blog to see the cards I've whipped up with both the sun and the rain in mind....I had a ton of fun making them!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
Heather says, "I think that weather is a perfect theme for so many different kinds of cards. You can send some sunshine just because or to cheer someone up and a rainy day theme is perfect for sending get well wishes or a little encouragement to someone who needs it. I have got some inspiration to share on my blog with a little sunshine and a little rain today..."
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
Laura says, "I love the idea of sending someone some sunshine in card form and this month the new weather themed products help you to do that in such a trendy & stylish way."
CLICK HERE to see more from Laura Bassen.
Laurie says, "I have to admit my favorite things is a card with a big sunshine on it. It definitely can light up someones mailbox! Between the sunshine and the rain, the weather trend makes for some really fun cards, just to say hi or to let someone know you are thinking of them. I have some weather brewing on my blog today...Come check it out!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Laurie Willison.
Maile says, "I foresee a rise in temps today. The weather theme is becoming very hot these days and it's taking over Papertrey Ink for the day. Today's theme is one that can surprisingly cover many different occasions. Check it out!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
Melissa says, "Sunshine and rain…love them both. Life is full of times of happiness, and of course, times when it seems that life may be a bit on the cloudy side. The sweet new line-up of products weather can help transform those grey days into days of sunshine and hope.”
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! How much do you love all of these weather-inspired products?! Can you see using them for the loved ones in your life? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, July 13th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our July Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
- STAMPS: So Striking (available July 25th)
- INK: Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado, Soft Stone, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Aqua Mist
- OTHER: White Filigree Embossing Powder, Enclosed: Sun die (circle)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
SUNNY SKIES AHEAD CARD
- STAMPS: Rainy Day Sentiments (available July 25th)
- INK: True Black, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White Cardstock
- OTHER: Cover Plate: Rainy Day, sponge, watercolor brush, masks/post-it notes
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE CARD
- STAMPS: Enclosed: Sun (available July 25th)
- INK: Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Charcoal Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Summer Sunrise stripes, So Striking paper collection
- OTHER: Enclosed: Sun die
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"