There is just something so beautiful and timeless about the colorful linens of the past. In everything from hankies to tablecloths, they sure knew how to use color way back when, to brighten up a room! Those gorgeous florals from the 1940's and 50's are what have inspired today's new products and we think you just might find them inspiring too!
Reminiscent of all those gorgeous floral patterns on tablecloths and handkerchiefs of the 1940’s and 50’s, you’ll love these beautiful flowers and all the design options they provide. Whether you like to color or just stamp and go, this lovely floral set has you covered and the layering images give you even more color flexibility! Add these timeless beauties to all your paper crafted projects because after all, flowers never go out of style!
- Vintage Linens will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Vintage Linens contains a total of 21 images. The largest flower image measures 2-1/2” x 1-7/8”. The smallest flower measures 1-5/8” x 1-1/4”. The stem & leaf cluster measures 2-7/8” x 1-7/8”.
- A coordinating die/collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $19. This collection includes a total of 11 dies. large single bloom 2-1/2" x 2", medium single bloom 2" x 1/2", small single bloom 1-3/4" x 1-3/8", leaf trio 1-3/4" x 1-3/8", leaf pair 1-1/2" x 1-1/4", single leaf 3/4" x 1-1/4", bouquet 3-1/8" x 4-3/8"
To go along with her stamp set and dies, Dawn has designed a paper collection that draws from the images found in the stamp set.
- Vintage Linens paper collection will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $10.
- Vintage Linens paper collection contains 36 (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") sheets, 4 sheets each of 9 designs.
- Printed on our signature white linen paper.
- Coordinates with the following colors - Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Harvest Gold
This versatile border set is inspired by the embroidered borders often found on vintage linens and handkerchiefs. You can create a full rectangular border with just two impressions. Experiment with stamping the borders directly onto your project or add more definition by using the coordinating dies. These stitched borders take on a more realistic look when heat embossed.
- Embroidered Borders will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Embroidered Borders contains a total of 12 images. An assembled large rectangle border (both circle and hex) measures 3-5/8" x 4-7/8". An assembled small rectangle border (both styles) measures 2-1/8" x 2-3/4". Greetings" measures 2" x 7/8". "Birthday" measures 7/8" x 1/8".
Designed to coordinate with the Embroidered Borders stamp set, these dies can be used to give your project a bit more detail and flair! You can use the stamps directly on your card stock, or you can stamp onto these die-cut frames for a bigger impact and additional layering options. Heat embossing will even make the stitches look more realistic!
- Embroidered Borders: Dot die/collection will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $13.
- Embroidered Borders: Dot contains a total of 2 dies. large 4-3/4" x 3-5/8", small 2-3/4" x 2-1/8"
- Embroidered Borders: Hex die/collection will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $13.
- Embroidered Borders: Hex contains a total of 2 dies. large 4-3/4" x 3-5/8", small 2-3/4" x 2-1/8"
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
One of the best things about Dawn's new Vintage Linens paper pad is that many of the sheets are pre-designed card fronts, making it easy to put a card together in just minutes. My first card is a perfect example of this.
To embellish the flowers, a few scattered black enamel dots is all I needed.
The large "For You", from the new Book Cover Card die collection, is cut three times from Pure Poppy and stacked together for dimension.
I added a strip of Pure Poppy cardstock underneath to stamp the "Just Because" sentiment from the new Keep It Simple: Just Because set.
And that's literally all I added to jazz up this pre-printed page! A bold Tropical Teal card base finishes off the look.
The project uses the gorgeous Vintage Linens stamp set along with the new Embroidered Borders set.
I die-cut the flower bouquet and stamped it with the coordinating images in a whole rainbow of traditional retro colors.
The dot frame was cut from Berry Sorbet cardstock and stamped with the stitched frame detail in Pure Poppy. I am loving what this detail adds to a project, especially one that is styled in a vintage way like this one!
The birthday sentiment was added in True Black in the lower corner.
Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
Amy says, "The florals in Vintage Linens are as timeless and beautiful as the vintage hankies and kitchen linens that inspired the stamp set. Perfect for quick cards, the images stamp beautifully with just one impression. Add stamped layers and outlines or Embroidered Borders to step it up. Stop by to see my trio of cards inspired by a super fun, retro kitchen."
CLICK HERE to see more from Amy Sheffer.
Ashley says, "Floral prints are near and dear to my heart. I enjoyed selecting my inspiration photo because it's an item on my wish list. I hope you venture to my blog to see what it is and how I was inspired to create one of my cards. I created a quick and easy anniversary card and a stepped up gratitude card."
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
Betsy says, “You are all probably pretty aware of the fact that I love anything mid-century inspired, and Dawn really nailed it with her gorgeous new Vintage Linens floral set…and the new embroidered borders set is just the icing on the cake! Stop by to check out a couple of cards I created with these new sets and the piece of vintage artwork that inspired them.”
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
Danielle says, "The Vintage Linens and Embroidered Borders stamps and dies are gorgeous, and I can't wait to make more projects with them! I know you will absolutely love them too! My cards came together in a flash for today...the scale of the flowers and amazing pre-printed papers made a quick card so simple!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
Dawn says, "Well, it's no secret that I adore vintage linens of all sorts, but particularly vintage hankies and printed tablecloths from the 1940's and 50's. I have been having so much fun stamping with these stamps this week, using my collection of vintage linens as inspiration! I love how well these florals pair with Embroidered Borders too! I hope you'll stop by my blog...I've got quite a few Vintage Linens projects to share with you! Once you start stamping with these, it's kinda hard to stop!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
Heather says, "I have a weakness for all things vintage and so I was easily inspired to create with these perfectly vintage themed sets for the cards I am sharing today. The sets are great to stamp up something quick and easy and perfect for spending a little more time to create a card with lots of little details too."
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
Laura says, "I never ever ever tire of a gorgeous floral stamp set. Dawn has done it again creating fabulous and fresh new floral images along with coordinating dies as well as a paper pack. There just too much to love!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Laura Bassen.
Laurie says, "I remember my grandmas linens. I loved the patterns and the florals and the colors. Today's sets are reminiscent of those. As I was creating, I saw how versatile these sets could be and I went in a CAS direction, as usual. So many possibilities with these new goodies for sure!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Laurie Willison.
Maile says, "Vintage Linens is a gorgeous set! It's easy to work with too! These bold and beautiful flowers and pattern papers make creating an elegant card a cinch."
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
Melissa says, “Vintage Linens is a feast for my vintage-loving eyes :). I adore absolutely every aspect of this new collection of products, from the lovely and delicate stamp images, the sweet and charming paper, and the detailed dies that make everything come to life!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Are you feeling inspired to get creative for yourself? Are you someone who loves all things vintage? Or who perhaps, has never met a flower you didn't love? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, July 15 to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our July Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
- STAMPS: Keep It Simple: Just Because (available July 15th)
- INK: True Black)
- PAPER: Tropical Teal, Pure Poppy, Vintage Linens paper pad
- OTHER: Book Cover Card dies (for you), black enamel dots
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
VINTAGE BIRTHDAY GREETINGS CARD
- STAMPS: Embroidered Borders, Vintage Linens (available July 15th)
- INK: Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky, True Black, New Leaf, Pinefeather
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Berry Sorbet
- OTHER: Embroidered Frames: Dot die, Vintage Linens dies
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"