Everyone loves cupcakes.....but maybe not the calories! Well, not to worry! Today, we're showcasing a new set of cupcake goodies that you can enjoy year-round and without a single calorie besides!
Baker's Dozen is a collection of thirteen cupcake images, one for each month of the year plus a versatile extra! These little cakes can be used alone in the accompanying frame, or you can put several together in a pretty arrangement. Many of them feature small elements that are seasonally appropriate for their respective months, making it fun and easy to customize projects for recipients and the seasons. A good pairing for the Birthday Classics series as well!
- Baker's Dozen will be available for purchase on January 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Baker's Dozen contains a total of 21 images. The cupcakes average between 1-3/4" and 1-1/4" tall, then between 1" and 1-1/8" wide. The frame with banner measures 2-3/4" wide and 3-1/2" tall. The banner alone measures 2-3/8" x 3/4".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $25. This collection includes a total of 15 dies.
Stitched Swirls is the coordinating stamp set for the Stitched Swirls Dies by Erin Lincoln. After die cutting, stamp over the holes with the matching stamp for a faux stitched look on paper projects. As with all Papertrey Ink products, versatility comes into play when you go beyond the intended purpose. The swirls and designs look great on their own to make focal point frames for brackets, rustic background details, and accents for your other stamped images.
- Stitched Swirls will be available for purchase on January 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Stitched Swirls contains a total of 6 images. The triple loop bracket measures approximately 1-7/8" x 7/8". Each S swirl measures approximately 5/8" x 1-1/2 ". Each half of the double curled swirl measures approximately 1" x 3/4".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $6. This collection includes a total of 6 dies.
Designed to coordinate with the gorgeous Layered Banner die collection, these words will fit perfectly, allowing you to embellish the banner in a number of ways to suit your occasion. With a handwritten script and serif font, you have two styles to choose from adding to the versatility.
- Layered Banner Banter will be available for purchase on January 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Layered Banner Banter contains a total of 10 images. The script "thanks" measures 2-1/4" x 7/8". The script celebrate measures 2-1/2" x 7/8". The script "enjoy" measures 1-3/4" x 7/8". The serif "thanks" measures 2-1/2" x 7/8". The serif "celebrate" measures 2-3/8" x 3/4". The serif "enjoy" measures 1-3/4" x 7/8".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $12 This collection includes a total of 2 dies. The assembled banner measures 3-1/2" x 1-7/8",
These dies will create realistic looking vintage cake plates, perfect for the sweets in Baker's Dozen or many of our other previously released images!
- Cake Plates die collection will be available for purchase on January 15th.
- It will retail for $7.
- Cake Plates die collection contains a total of 4 dies. The assembled eyelet cake plate measures 1-5/8" x 1-1/2". The assembled scalloped cake plate measures 1-7/8" x 1-1/4".
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
I don't know about you, but I am always looking for new images to use on teacher appreciation cards! This sweet little apple cupcake, designed to represent the month of September, is the perfect thing! Pair it up with one of the new Cake Plate dies and you have a quick and easy card design you can turn to again and again!
I started with the actual cake plate. I die-cut the teo pieces from Pure Poppy cardstock and assembled them together. The cupcake was die-cut and stamped in Noir Palette ink and colored with Copic markers. As a finishing touch I added definition to the sprinkles with a white gel pen and Glossy Accents to the apple.
I used the Polka Dot Alphabet dies with adhesive cork to spell out the teacher's name on a strip of white cardstock. This was adhered above the stamped appreciation sentiment from Back to School.
A clean and classic card that will definitely communicate your appreciation!
This is another simple design that I wanted to show you. Take any of the thirteen cupcake images in this set, and pair them up with a basic background paper and the die-cut frame and you have a card in minutes. I included this frame in the set because it helps to set the stage for these small little treats, without a whole lot of work or thought required on your part! I love easy!
I die-cut the frame from the Hawaiian Shores layer and just removed the center portion. I added a separate die-cut frame done in Hibiscus Burst, stamped with Raspberry Fizz. The white card base peeks through the frame for me to add the stamped cupcake. It is colored with Copic markers in hues that compliment the papers I used.
I die-cut the banner alone from Summer Sunrise and stamped it with the coordinating image in black ink. I also selected one of the sentiments to fit inside.
A little crochet thread wrapped around the card base finishes the card off. As I said earlier, a simple, quick design that can be applied to any of the cupcakes in any color scheme you like! Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Laura Bassen.
CLICK HERE to see more from Laurie Willison.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Talk about items that are perfect for year-round use....these fit the bill beautifully! Are you excited to play with these new stamps asnd dies yourself? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, January 15th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our January Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
TEACHER APPRECIATION CARD
- STAMPS: Baker's Dozen (available January 15th) Back to School
- INK: Noir Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy
- OTHER: Baker's Dozen dies, Cake Plate dies, Polka Dot Alphabet dies, adhesive cork sheet, Copic Markers, Glossy Accents, white gel pen
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
BUTTERFLY CUPCAKE CARD
- STAMPS: Baker's Dozen (available January 15th)
- INK: Noir Palette, Raspberry Fizz
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores Stripes
- OTHER: Baker's Dozen dies, white crchet thread, Copic Markers
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"