Grab your favorite photos, Friends, and get ready to dive into this month's pocket scrapbooking! We've got a great line-up of fun new products this month, to assist you in creating wonderful albums full of memories that you and your family will flip through again and again in the years to come!
Monthly Moments: May is the fourth in a series of stamp sets and other coordinating products designed by Heather Nichols that are designed to use with scrapbook projects so you can create, preserve, and share your memories or special events and everyday moments. Don’t just limit yourself to scrap booking with this series as it will be wonderful for card making and other paper crafting projects as well.
- Monthly Moments: May will be available for purchase on May15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Monthly Moments: May contains a total of 15 images. The “may” word is just over 1 7/8” wide and just under 7/8” tall. The “may flowers” sentiment is just under 2 1/2” wide and just over 1/2” tall. The butterfly wings are 1” wide and just over 7/8” tall.
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $3. This die measures 1-7/8" x 3/4".
The new Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 1 & 2 dies are going to be fantastic for your pocket pages and card fronts!
- Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 1 die will be available for purchase on May 15th.
- It will retail for $8.
- Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 1 die measures 2-7/8" x 3-7/8". The opening in the frame measures 2-1/4" square
- Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 2 die will be available for purchase on May 15th.
- It will retail for $8.
- Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 2 die measures 2-7/8" x 3-7/8". The opening of the frame measures 2-1/4" square.
We are excited to introduce the Monthly Moments: May Journal Card Pad! This collection of journal cards is printed on high quality linen cardstock, making your layouts look polished and professional.
A total of 30 (4x6) sheets are included, two each of 15 designs. The pad of cards is gummed together on one side and provides easy, seamless removal. Features our signature wrap around cover to help keep all of the cards together for storage while also providing a labeled spine for easy reference. Seven of the 4x6 page designs actually feature two 3x4 cards which can be left intact or cut in half for double the options. If you cut the double spreads in half, you will end up with...
- eight 4x6 card designs (two of each design, making 16 total)
- fourteen 3x4 card designs (two of each design, making 28 total)
This month's collection coordinates with Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Tropical Teal and Simply Chartreuse.
- Monthly Moments Journal Pad will be available for purchase on May 15th.
- It will retail for $9.
- Monthly Moments Journal Pad contains a total of 30 (4x6) sheets are included, two each of 15 designs.
If you love all of the May specific Monthly Moments products above, we will also be offering them as a bundle for your shopping convenience! This kit is a quick and easy way to shop for everything you need for your May layouts!
Stamps, dies and even the pre-printed journal cards all packaged together in a high-quality zippered clear bag that you can reuse as memorabilia and photo storage!
- The Monthly Moments: May Kit will be available for sale on May 15th.
- It will retail for $43.
The kit includes:
- Monthly Moments: May stamp set
- Monthly Moments: May die
- Monthly Moments: May Journal Card pad
- Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 1 die
- Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 2 die
- Printable Calendar Download pdf (link emailed after purchase)
We are also offering another additional set to the Monthly Moments line-up that can be used all year long on your layouts (and card making too!)
Sometimes a scrapbook layout or pocket page needs *just a little something* clipped to a straight edge to break up the symmetry. This new stamp set paired with the coordinating dies allows you to make custom clips to go with nearly any project. Featuring fun phrases and simple images that you can add to the top portion of the clips. Don’t limit yourself to just making clips from card stock! Experiment with other die-cutting materials too!
- Clip Tips will be available for purchase on May 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Clip Tips contains a total of 60 images. Each of the circular motifs measure 1/2”. The phrases all average about 1/2” wide.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $5. This collection includes a single die (5 wired shapes). 2-1/2" x 2-1/4". The round clip measures 1-1/2" tall and 1" wide. The rectangular clip measures 1-1/2" tall and 3/4" wide.
This month, we're bringing you a great new font in die form, that you can use to customize tags, cards, scrapbook pages and more! You'll love the versatility of these stylish letters!
- Smooth Alphabet die collection will be available for purchase on May 15th.
- It will retail for $20.
- Smooth Alphabet die collection contains 2 dies (26 wired shapes + 26 wired shapes). Average size of upper letter (3/4" x 3/4"), average size of lower letter (1/2" x 1/2")
Of course, we couldn't forget numbers to coordinate with the same new alphabet font! Create custom birthday cards, Monthly Moments inserts and more!
- Smooth Numbers die collection will be available for purchase on May 15th.
- It will retail for $6.
- Smooth Numbers die collection contains a single die (7 wired shapes). Average size of number (1/2" x 3/4")
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
With just a few basic supplies you can now create your own custom clips for your Monthly Moments pages and layouts! All you need is the new Clip Tips stamp set, the Memory Clips dies and a few of our Coasters to get started! Add in your favorite cardstock colors and ink and you have a perfect match! Why spend several dollars on a single package of this style of embellishment when you can make dozens on your own for only a few pennies!
As an added bonus, you can customize the colors, change-up the words or images, add patterns, coat them with shimmer or shine or even embellish them with buttons. The sky's the limit!
Just die-cut your cardstock, then die-cut the coast separately and glue the two together. Then have fun embellishing as you see fit!
Stitch on a button in the perfect color to complement your layout.
Or you can even add Glossy Accents or glitter to really make your clips stand out from the crowd. I recommend making several clips at once and just have fun playing with all the different combinations! Then you have a whole assortment to choose from when you're crafting!
Here's a little layout I created using one of my clips as well as the FABULOUS Monthly Moments: May paper pad! The color combo is gorgeous and perfect for May photos! This 6x8 double page spread includes photos from a recent Mother's Day program Ethan was in at his school.
This card from the pad is one of my favorites! The luxurious linen texture is really showcased with the Smokey Shadow background color. And I just love the quote too!
This photo of Ethan singing on the risers with his classmates is one of my favorites, so I thought it was the perfect thing to accent with the "Perfect Shot" clip I made at the top of this post. It was die-cut from Hawaiian Shores cardstock then stamped with the stripes from Bitty Background Blocks IIin the same color. "Perfect Shot" was then stamped in Tropical Teal.
Ethan presented me with the sweetest Mother's Day card after the performance, which I really wanted to preserve on my page. So I scanned the interior of the card into my computer, scaled it down a bit and printed it out on white cardstock.
I embellished the side of the card with more of the journal card papers as well as some butterflies trimmed from the collection. A stitched Aqua Mist button accents the center of the butterfly.
There were refreshments served after the program at their desks and it just melted my hearts the way Ethan held my chair out for me when I entered the room, as shown here.
I added this butterfly border from the journaling pad to the bottom of the photo, adding some more stitched buttons too.
I stamped this Mother's Day card using several of the stamps from the Monthly Moments: May stamp set using Berry Sorbet, Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores and simply Chartreuse.
The bottom journaling card features a photo of Ethan and I together at the end of the event. (Excuse the red puffy eyes, the "ugly cry" couldn't be stopped a few times that day). I used the date stamp from Monthly Moments: Slide Frame at the top of the card and then filled in the numbers with the Number Trio stamp set and Berry Sorbet ink. It's times like this that I am so thankful that I have been taking the time to preserve my memories in my Monthly Moments albums. I just never want to forget all the details of moments like this with my sweet little boy, they just grow up so fast.
I have another layout for the month of May to share with you. This 6x8 double spread just features a few photos of our everyday happenings, which can be some of the best moments to capture.
The top of the first page features a photo of a typical sight around here, lazy afternoons by the pool with friends.
This "Life is Sweet" card is another one from the amazing Monthly Moments: May Journal Card pad. I accented it with our A Few Pointers stamp set and die.
Below that I used this stunning butterfly card from the pad. I stamped the bottom portion with the Journal Accessories dotted lines using Tropical Teal ink. Also, I cut out the butterfly from the duplicate journal card included in the pad and raised it with a little foam tape.
We got fifteen new baby chicks to add to our flock this spring. They grow SO fast, so I am glad I snapped a photo or two while they were still very little! The new Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 2 die was used here with one of our coasters as well as a pattern from the paper pad. I used the new Smooth Numbers with Berry Sorbet cardstock to add the number "15" and then the reverse end of A Few Pointers die as a banner to add "new chicks" in my own handwriting.
This journal card is another one of my favorites from the pad. I stitched some buttons over the round roses that were printed in the design. The grid acts as the perfect guide for adding my handwritten journaling.
The bottom portion of this page features Hannah with one of her favorite chicks from the bunch, Daisy.
I created my own little accent using the Big Ticket Basics die. I stamped various accents on it using Monthly Moments: May and Monthly Moments: Slide Frame.
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! Have you already started pocket scrapbooking or are you still considering dipping your toe into the scrapbooking waters? Are any of today's new products making you think this just might be something you could have a lot of fun with? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, May 13 to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our May Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Heather says, "I think I say this every month, but I think this month's journal card collection in particular is my absolute favorite so far in the Monthly Moments collection. I can't wait to share it all with you and the layouts I created with them. One layout that I am sharing, created with the Monthly Moments: May collection, is one that I am absolutely going to frame for my wall because I love how it turned out so much!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
Ashley says, "Monthly Moments: May has a great color combination. I used the new journal, clip, and alpha dies to embellish my pages. Visit my blog to see how I documented Lauren's two-months old photos."
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
Danielle says, "The May collection is absolutely my favorite so far in the Monthly Moments line of stamps and papers! The colors and motifs are just so pretty and easy to work with... I love it so much and know you will too! I have lots to share with you today - scrapbooking layouts and ideas for journaling cards/ways to dress up those 3x4" cards for your pocket pages too. So many of the products work amazingly well together, I just couldn't stop creating!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
Melissa says, "May is upon us which means it's time for another beautiful, new Monthly Moments collection. The colors in this month's journal cards and digital download are so sweet and beautiful....perfect for capturing spring."
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
HANDMADE CLIP ASSORTMENT
- STAMPS: Clip Tips (available May 15th) Bitty Background Blocks II, Number Trio, Library Ledger, Library Ledger Year Additions
- INK: True Black, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, New Leaf, Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise
- OTHER: Memory Clips dies, Glossy Accents, Tropical Teal button, crochet thread
MOTHER'S DAY LAYOUT
- STAMPS: Clip Tips, Monthly Moments: May (available May 15th) Monthly Moments: Slide Frame, Number Time Trio, Bitty Background Blocks II
- INK: True Black, Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, Simply Chartreuse
- PAPER: Monthly Moments: May Journal Pad, Berry Sorbet
- OTHER: Memory Clips die, Aqua Mist buttons, embroidery floss, coaster
- FINISHED SIZE: double 6" x 8" spread
LIFE IS SWEET LAYOUT
- STAMPS: Monthly Moments: May (available May 15th) Monthly Moments: Slide Frame, A Few Pointers, Journal Accessories
- INK: True Black, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Berry Sorbet
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Monthly Moments: May Journal Pad
- OTHER: Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 2 die, Smooth Numbers dies, Big Ticket Basics die, Melon Berry buttons, embroidery floss, A Few Pointers dies, coaster
- FINISHED SIZE: double 6" x 8" spread