Fun speech bubbles are all the rage these days, and we're excited to show you our take on this hot trend. And not only that, but we've got a couple other surprises in store for building your sentiment stash as well as a little something for the vintage lover!
Melissa Bickford has designed Sweet Speech, a fresh and fun word bubble set that will allow you to create bold cards using a variety of different sentiments. They could be stamped individually onto your projects or grouped and layered together for unique look that will really POP. Dies have also been created to coordinate with the images, making it even more versatile to create with.
- Sweet Speech will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Sweet Speech contains a total of 8 images. The ‘HELLO’ speech bubble measures approximately 2-1/4” wide x 1- 1/2” tall. The ‘THANKS’ speech bubble measures approximately 1-1/2” wide x 1-3/4” tall. The ‘CONGRATS’ speech bubble measures approximately 1-3/5” wide x 1-3/10” tall. The small leaves each measure approximately ½” wide by ¼” tall.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $11. This collection includes a single die (8 wired shapes). 5-1/4" x 3-5/8" total (each individual word bubble averaging 1-1/2" to 2" wide)
Keep It Simple: Birthday is the first in a series allowing you to build a collection of basic, medium-sized sentiments in a nice variety of fonts that you can turn to again and again. With this edition we are focusing on "happy birthday". The font choices will cover everything from modern to elegant, masculine to feminine and even cards for kids!
- Keep it Simple will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Contains six "happy birthday" sentiments, each in a different font.
- Keep it Simple contains a total of 6 images. All of the "happy birthday" sentiments measure 2-1/2" wide and between 1/4" and 1/2" tall.
All of these elements are designed to be stackable in different formations so you can create your own vintage-styled buttons with card stock or patterned paper. The whole button once assembled could even be covered with glossy accents for a realistic look. It's as simple as lining up the button holes with each layer. And just imagine them cut out of felt too!
- Button Stacks die collection will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $7.
- Button Stacks die collection contains a single die (9 wired shapes). 2-3/4" x 3-1/2", creates button about 1" in diameter
We are SO excited to bring you these new basic Cover Plate dies! Stripes are so popular right now and with these new products, you will be able to add them to your projects with ease! As is the case with many of our Cover Plates, there are a lot of techniques you can do with these classics!
- The Cover Plate: Stripes Diagonal, Cover Plate: Stripes Vertical and Cover Plate: Stripes Horizontal will all be available for purchase on February 15th.
- They will retail for $16 each.
- Each of the Cover Plate dies measures 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
For my first project I decided to replace the spaces in this striped Cover Plate with a range of grays to create an ombre effect. I love how easy this is to do, no measuring or anything, because of the Cover Plate! The bottom two stripes are Soft Stone, the middle two are a medium gray from my scrap stash and the top stripe is Smokey Shadow.
So, I will totally try my best not to gush TOO much about the new Button Stacks dies. But, oh my goodness, SO in love with these things. I could experiment with different techniques and materials for days! For this project I die-cut the peces from Lavender Moon felt. I played around with a few of the pieces and decided how I wanted to stack them before stitching them together.
Here the completed accents are! Aren't they adorable! The detail is so amazing, I can hardly wait for you to try these out in person! The sentiment from Keep It Simple: Birthday was heat embossed with White Filigree Embossing Powder on the center stripe.
Here is a closer look at the third button accent I created.
Love how this turned out an I can hardly wait to try the same design in other colors!
I have a fun little technique to share with you on my next card.
I die-cut the Cover Plate: Stripes Vertical from scrap paper and temporarily adhered it on white cardstock to use as a mask. I then spritzed my homemade Aqua Mist spray mist over the mask. I let it dry for a minute and removed the mask.
I also die-cut the Cover Plate: Horizontal die from scarp paper and lined it up over the original stripes, adhering it in place temporarily. I spritzed again then let it dry.
Using the two cover plates as masks and layering them in this way creates a GORGEOUS large scale gingham pattern. Compeltely gorgeous!
To finish my card I die-cut this speech bubble from white cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating image in Sweet Speech using Limeade Ice ink.
And the Button Stacks again! Love, LOVE, love!!!! I die-cut them this time from Linen Vellum and the smallest layer from Harvest Gold cardstock. They were tied together with white crochet thread.
I added the sweet little scalloped border from the Be Happy die collection in Melon Berry, tied with white crochet thread and finished with a bow.
One last detail I wanted to point out was that I trimmed the outside edge of the gingham layer with pinking shears. I thought that kind of added to homespun look.
A little something a bit more bold now! One of the great things about Sweet Speech is that you can leave it as is, like I did in the card above, or you can add color to the floral accent to make things more interesting and give you more options.
I stamped this one with Orange Zest ink, then added the die-cut floral elements stamped with Raspberry Fizz and Ripe Avocado. To create a bit of dimension, I die-cut the Sweet Speech die from four layers of Raspberry Fizz cardstock and adhered them together to form this fun frame. I left the white cardstock that I stamped the speech bubble on larger than the frame to help set it off from the background.
I adhered it to this Classic Kraft card front that was edged with the stripes from Special Delivery, using Fresh Snow ink.
There is something that just catches your attention with a black and white card, and this birthday greeting does just that!
I started with the Cover Plate: Stripes Diagonals die, cut from True Black cardstock. Here is a little tip on an additional way you can use these Cover Plates. After cutting the stripes, ditch the frame part and just use the cut outs on a smaller rectangle of cardstock. The result gives you even more options.
This is one of my favorite sentiments from the new Keep It Simple: Birthday set. A nice clean font combo. I added it with True Black ink to an extra strip of cardstock that I adhered in place with bits of foam tape.
I tried a differnt Button Stacks treatment with this project. I die-cut the pieces from Pure Poppy cardstock, then pressed each of them into a VersaMark pad and heat embossed them individually with Clear Embossing Powder. After letting them cool for a mintue, I tied them together. The final look is jsut stunning.
I die-cut a few Leave It Be leaves from Simply Chartreuse cardstock and stamped them with the coordinating stitching lines using Ripe Avocado. A few of them are placed around the two button accents.
Everything is adhered to a True Black card base.
I have yet another technique with the new Button Stacks to share with you!
This time I die-cut the pieces from Tropical Teal, adhered them together and covered the whole thing with Glossy Accents. It took them about an hour to dry, but the finished result looks just like real buttons!
I was able to create three different styles and I don't think I could even begin to pick a favorite!
I used another sentiment from Keep It Simple: Birthday, this time a more elegant script stamped in True Black.
I die-cut the Turning a New Leaf die from the white card front and Simply Chartreuse cardtock, so I could next the two together. Before adhering the Simply Chartreuse leaves in place, I stamped the whole die-cut with Polka Dot Basics using Ripe Avocado ink.
I have one last card for you today, showing how the Sweet Speech die can be paired up with any of the creatures in your collection to create fun, playful cards liek this!
I stamped the Polka Dot Parade owl towards the side of a block of white cardstock. I followed this up with die-cutting the Stitching Lines strip and stitched along the holes with white crochet thread.
I added clouds (Up, Up & Away) to the top portion of the white block using Aqua Mist ink. Then I die-cut the Sweet Speech die from Aqua Mist cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating image in Hawaiian Shores ink.
The Classic Kraft card base is stamped with Polka Dot Basics using Fresh Snow ink.
I have another Monthly Moments layout to share with you today, this time a 12x12 design using a six horizontal pocket page protector. It was fun to incorporate some of our previously released sets in with the new ones as I documented a camping trip my family took a few months ago.
The title block started with a 4x6 white card. I stamped the top and bottom edges with a diagonal stripe border found in the new Special Deleivery set (more on this set later in the week) using Tropical Teal and New Leaf inks. I used the dotted line from Teacher Tickets down the center of the card with Soft Stone ink. This helped give me a place to line-up my title letters. I pulled out the Headline Alphabet stamp set to add the title in New Leaf. "Falls" was hand-lettered using a black pen. "Road trip" from the Road Trip stamp set was tucked underneath that with Tropical Teal ink.
I created this little accent using the new Sweet Speech set. I die-cut the shape from white cardstock and then stamped the coordinating image using Tropical Teal ink. A small paperclip was added, wrapped with a piece of washi tape that was trimmed with pinking shears.
I stamped directly on this photo using some bits and pieces from Summer Camp and Road Trip.
TIP>>> The Noir Palette ink pad is my choice for this kind of stamping.
This card was created with Classic Kraft cardstock to provide a bit of contrast. I stamped it with the World Map image in Fresh Snow ink. One of the rounded labels from Summer Camp was added to the side using New Leaf ink. It was the perfect place to add the date stamp from Monthly Moments: Slide Frame.
After seeing how my photo would look in the slide frame, I decided I wanted it to have a bit more dimension, So I die-cut it from white cardstock four times and glued them all together. The top layer was stamped with the coordianting image in Tropical Teal, with the arrow accent added in the lower corner with True Black. I cut a small narrow piece of New Leaf cardstock into an arrow and heat embossed it with one of the tiny sentiments from Monthly Moments: Slide Frame.
TIP >>> A wallet size print is the perfect width for this frame after trimming a little from the top.
I die-cut this pinked edge circle from Tropical Teal cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating label from Limitless Layers: Labels using Fresh Snow ink. The sentiment (from Road Trip) was added with True Black. I stapled this to the top edge of my photo block.
Last, but not least, my journaling card. I used Classic Kraft cardstock as my base and added a border made from Tropical Teal cardstock. It was stamped with Fresh Snow ink and Polka Dot Basics, finished with a pinked edge using scissors. Note the white journaling strips.
TIP>>> Save the strips leftover from the Cover Plate: Horizontal or Vertical dies to use as journaling strips!
The strips were stamped with numbers found in Teacher Tickets, using Tropical Teal and New Leaf. I then added my journaling with a black pen. The heading "field notes", found in the Summer Camp set, was the perfect thing to add to the top of the card in True Black.
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! What did you find particularly inspiring? Was it a certain project or perhaps one of the new products we introduced? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
Melissa Phillips will be showcasing Sweet Speech.
Danielle Flanders will be featuring Button Stacks die collection.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
Today's challenge is all about the stripes! We want to see your best project that incorporates stripes in some way! From bold to subtle, wide and thin, diagonal to horizontal and more! Be creative and impress us!
1. Create a new project that incorporates stripes in some way!
2. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product.
3. Upload a photo of your project to your blog, online gallery or any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
4. Add the direct link to your project on our InLinkz list below.
5. You may create as many projects as you like for the challenge, but each project should have a separate link.
6. And/or you can leave a comment here to be eligible to win. What did you find particularly inspiring? Was it a certain project or perhaps one of the new products we showed you today? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! (Just click the small "comments" link in blue beside the date in the footer of this post. If you are reading this as an email subscription, be sure to click through to the actual blog to leave an eligible comment)
7. You have until 7am EST, Thursday, February 13th to add your project link or comment and qualify for the contest.
8. SEVEN randomly selected winners will be announced on our February Release Winners page no later than noon EST, February 13th.
SEVEN randomly selected winners will each receive a $70 Papertrey gift certificate to spend however they choose! Thank you for joining us today and best of luck with the contest!
GRAY OMBRE BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Keep It Simple: Birthday (available February 15th)
- INK: VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow, gray scrap from stash
- OTHER: Cover Plate: Stripes Vertical die, Button Stacks dies, Lavender Moon felt, White Filigree Embossing Powder, white crochet thread
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
GINGHAM BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Sweet Speech (available February 15th)
- INK: Limeade Ice, homemade Aqua Mist Spray Mist
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Melon Berry, Harvest Gold, Linen Vellum
- OTHER: Cover Plate: Stripes Horizontal die, Cover Plate: Stripes Vertical die, Button Stacks dies, Be Happy (border) die, Sweet Speech die, pinking shears, white crochet thread
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
- STAMPS: Sweet Speech, Special Delivery (available February 15th)
- INK: Fresh Snow, Orange Zest, Ripe Avocado, Raspberry Fizz
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Raspberry Fizz, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Sweet Speech dies
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/4"
BOLD BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Keep It Simple: Birthday, Leave It Be (available February 15th)
- INK: True Black, Ripe Avocado, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, True Black, Pure Poppy
- OTHER: Cover Plate: Stripes Diagonal die, Button Stacks dies, Leave It Be dies, Clear Embossing Powder, white crochet thread
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 6"
TRIPLE BUTTON BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Keep It Simple: Birthday (available February 15th) Polka Dot Basics
- INK: True Black, Ripe Avocado
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft, Simply Chartreuse, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Button Stacks dies, Turning a New Leaf die, glossy accents (Ranger), white crochet thread
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
YOU ARE AMAZING CARD
- STAMPS: Sweet Speech (available February 15th) Polka Dot Parade #11, Up Up & Away, Polka Dot Basics
- INK: Berry Sorbet, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Sweet Speech die, Stitching Lines die, white crochet thread
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
FALL CREEK FALLS LAYOUT
- STAMPS: Monthly Moments: Slide Frame, Sweet Speech, Limitless Layers: Labels, Special Delivery (available February 15th) Road Trip, World Map, Teacher Tickets, Polka Dot Basics, Headline Alphabet, Summer Camp
- INK: New Leaf, Tropical Teal, Noir Palette, Fresh Snow, Soft Stone, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Tropical Teal, New Leaf, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Sweet Speech dies, Limitless Layers: 1-3/4" Circle die, pinking shears, White Filigree Embossing Powder, paper clip and washi tape, stapler
- FINISHED SIZE: 12" x 12"