There are few things more universal than a good cup of coffee, whether to wake up with in the morning, to share a chit-chat with girlfriends over, or to cozy up with while relaxing in the evening, most of us can agree on the wonder that is coffee! Today, we've got a whole "latte" of coffee-themed inspiration for you! You might want to grab a cup while you peruse today's group of blog posts from the whole team!
I've designed a new coffee set to celebrate all of the coffee lovers out there! The stacked coffee cup image will be fun to color or watercolor, customizing combinations to suit your project. The sentiments are all "build-able" with large script words that can further incorporate your color schemes. All of this will complement Erin Lincoln's new Coffee Cozy die line-up as well!
- Latte Love will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Latte Love contains a total of 22 images. The stacked cups image measures 1-1/4" x 2-5/8". The small "I love coffee" label measures 1-1/4" x 3/8". The certified coffee drinker circular label measures 5/8". The large script "coffee" measures 1-1/8" x 5/8". "A good day starts with a positive attitude..." measures 1-7/8" x 5/8". "Grind Scoop Bre Pour Sip" measures 5/8" x 1-3/8".
Erin Lincoln has hit it out of the park again with this collection of amazing dies that will allow you to create custom coffee cozy designs to keep for yourself or give as gifts! For the main Coffee Cozy building, you can use paper, felt or even fabric. If you wish to stitch the pieces together yourself, you can use the "edger" style die to pre-cut your holes for you. You will love customizing your cozies any way you'd like!!
- Coffee Cozy die collection will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $16.
- Coffee Cozy die collection contains a total of 3 dies. They measure 5-3/4" x 2-1/2" (A), 4-3/4" x 2-1/2" (B), 2-1/2" x 1/2" (C). The assembled coffee cozy measures 2-1/4" tall and can vary in circumference depending on which pieces you combine.
Erin put together a great video that shows you all the the amazing details she thought of when designing this collection of dies. In the video, you will learn:
- How to make a paper coffee cozy.
- Why it is handy that the Coffee Cozy Die comes in two pieces.
- How to make a felt coffee cozy.
- How to add optional stitch holes to your felt cozy so you can sew it up with ease.
- How the Coffee Cozy Detail Collection dies work together with the Coffee Cozy Die.
- How to stitch up your felt coffee cozy.
- How to resize your felt coffee cozy to fit both paper coffee cups like those found at Starbucks and the like and the larger, reusable Copco coffee mugs that you can purchase just about anywhere.
- How to make wrist cuffs for a super hero costume.
As a follow-up, Erin has also designed a set of dies that you can use to personalize the Coffee Cozy further. For the large shapes, cut the holes only portion of each shape set from the coffee cozy itself. You can then follow up with the complete shape cut from an alternate color and stitch it right onto the coffee cozy, lining up the holes. SUPER easy! You can also add a small tag to seam of the coffee cozy using the adorable little tag dies that Erin designed to complement the shapes. The coffee cozy possibilities are virtually endless!
- Coffee Cozy Details die collection will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $10.
- Coffee Cozy Details die collection contains a total of 7 dies (6 single shapes + 3 wired shapes). They measure 1-1/2" x 1-5/8" (A & B), 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" (C&D), 1-1/8" x 1-7/8" (E&F), 1-1/4" x 3/4" - individually measuring 3/8" x 3/4" (G).
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
For my first project I put together a little something that is perfect for a friend or co-workers summer birthday. Pair it up with a Starbucks gift card for them to go and get iced coffee or some special iced tea packets.
On the white banner I heat embossed the stacked cup image with White Filigree Embossing Powder and watercolored it using ink refills, water and a small watercolor brush. I just love watercoloring heat embossed images because the "walls" created with the embossing help hold the color in place and result in a more professional finished product!
TIP: I always put quite a bit of water on my brush when watercoloring with ink refills, therefore diluting the color a lot. I like to go back in to each area of the image while it is still wet and add just a dab of the full strength ink refill to create shading. It only takes a few extra steps, but it makes a huge difference in the final outcome.
I layered the two banners on top of one another, adding a bit of stitching to the top with white crochet thread. The Raspberry Fizz card base was stamped with Polka Dot Basics II using Fresh Snow ink.
I die-cut the stitching holes from the center front of the cozy before assembling it. I die-cut the heart from Raspberry Fizz felt and placed it on top of the stitching holes that were cut in the Simply Chartreuse felt. I then stitched it in place using a blanket stitch, just to do something a bit different. Having all of the stitching holes pre-cut for you makes the job SO much faster, easier and the final product neater and perfectly spaced!
When I stitched up the cozy, I added one of the little die-cut star tags into the seam. It was cut from Hawaiian Shores felt. This may seem like just a little touch, but it really brings the whole cozy to a higher level. Plus it's just so darn cute!
For those of you who might not enjoy coloring or watercoloring, I thought I would show you how adorable these little cups look when they are paper pieced. To begin this card, I impressed the top 3/4 followed by the bottom strip of the Classic Kraft card front with the Rustic Burlap impression plate. This left some space to add the sentiment later. I swiped the edges with Fresh Snow ink to help bring out the texture a bit.
For my last projects today, I wanted to showcase a masculine take on the stamp set and on a cozy. I made this for David since he is an avid coffee drinker and I know he will get a lot of use out of it.
The sentiment was added vertically for something a bit different. I stamped the main part of the sentiment in True Black, then added the heart with Scarlet Jewel. "Coffee" was added with Charcoal Palette ink.
I just LOVE what Maile has been doing lately with diagonal strips of backgrounds on her cards so I wanted to try one out. Really adds a little something unique. I stamped this Scarlet Jewel strip with the argyle image from Autumn Pattern Pieces and roughed up the edges a bit for texture.
This is a travel mug from Starbucks, one of my personal favorites because you drink from a ceramic edge rather than plastic! I used two of the large coffee cozy pieces to assemble this from Dark Chocolate felt.
I die-cut a banner from the Sketched Shapes die collection and added stitching holes to the top of it using the little edger die from the Coffee Cozy die collection. Love that little thing! Anything with a straight edge can now have stitching holes added to it! I also die-cut the letter "D" from the banner using the Headline Alphabet die. I die-cut a second "D" from Simply Chartreuse felt and embedded it into the banner. The tiny heart tag was die-cut from Ocean Tides felt. I stitched these details into place, then used a bit of tacky fabric glue to adhered all portions of the "D" to the actual coffee cozy.
NOTE: Unfortunately Danielle Flanders box containing all of the new release products was lost by the shipping carrier and did not arrive in time for her to design her projects. We know you will definitely miss seeing her spin on things for today's post! But don't fear, we will be bringing you a special presentation of her August Release projects in the September 1st newsletter, so there is something to look forward to later in the month!
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Are you excited to create a few coffee-themed projects for yourself? Or what about for gifts this fall or even this holiday season? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, August 14th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our August Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
- STAMPS: Latte Love (available August 15th) Polka Dot Basics II
- INK: True Black, Simply Chartreuse, Fresh Snow, ink refills (Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, Raspberry Fizz)
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Raspberry Fizz
- OTHER: Coffee Cozy dies, Coffee Cozy Details dies, Notched Star Banner (plain) die, Sketched Shapes die, crochet thread (DMC), paper piercer, watercolor brush, insulated ice tea cup (Wal-Mart), felt (Simply Chartreuse, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores), embroidery floss (DMC)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (card) 2-1/4" tall x 3-1/2" circumference (cozy)
GOOD DAY CARD
- STAMPS: Latte Love (available August 15th)
- INK: VersaMark, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Classic Kraft, Melon Berry, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Harvest Gold
- OTHER: Rustic Burlap impression plate, white crochet thread (DMC), paper piercer, White Filigree Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
LOVE YOU MORE THAN COFFEE ENSEMBLE
- STAMPS: Latte Love, Autumn Pattern Pieces (available August 15th)
- INK: True Black, Scarlet Jewel, Charcoal Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Scarlet Jewel
- OTHER: Coffee Cozy dies, Coffee Cozy Details dies, Sketched Shapes die, Headline Alphabet die, Spiral Notebook Page die, Copic Markers (E19, E08, YR12, Y32, BG75, BG18, BG11, B99, YG97, YG95, R89, T1), felt (Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides, Canyon Clay)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (card) 2-1/4" tall x 3-1/2" circumference (cozy)