The song of summer is in the air as the temperatures gets warmer, the lazy days get longer and we settle into a comfortable routine that is relaxed and fun. Kick off your flip flops, grab something cool to drink and enjoy today's product introductions.
Based on beautiful folk art that is popular now, Summer Hills contains a simple summer scene of a farmhouse snuggled into the hills, complete with full trees and quaint quilts drying out on the clothesline. The house and tree have also been included separately and in a larger scale to allow for more design opportunities. The fonts used embrace that folk art look and have been combined to create some beautiful expressions, perfect for the summer season.
- Summer Hills will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Summer Hills contains a total of 13 images. The scene block measures 1-1/4" x 2-3/4". The single house measures 1" x 1-1/2". The single tree measures 3/4" x 1-1/8". The quilts on the line measure1-1/8" x 1/2". "Live well..." sentiment measures 1-3/8" x 3/4". "Wishing you many..." measures 1-3/4" x 5/8".
This trendy new sentiment set features a stylish, scrolling script that you will love adding to all of your projects. All of the sentiments coordinate with the included frame which is designed to be used with the Mat Stack 7 die collection. Add this versatile new favorite to your collection today!
- Scrolling Script will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Scrolling Script contains a total of 21 images. The frame measures 2-1/8" x 2-1/2". "Wish Big" measures 1-5/8" x 1-7/8". "For the Mr. & Mrs." measures 1-1/4" x 1-1/2". "Hello There" measures 1-3/4" x 2". "You're" measures 1" x 1/4". "Invited" measures 1-5/8" x 1/2". The tiny accent images measure about 1/8" x 1/8".
- A coordinating die collection (Mat Stack 7) will be available for sale separately, retailing for $14. This collection includes a total of 3 dies. They measure 3-5/8" x 4-3/8" (large), 2-3/8" x 2-3/4" (medium), 2" x 2-3/8" (small).
Melissa Bickford has done it again with this addition to her monthly series! Polka Dot Parade #6 is the sixth set in a monthly series of fun polka dot images, sentiments and coordinating dies. Each set features adorable designs and a fun font combination that you will love mixing and matching. The coordinating die will make stamping a breeze and give you a perfect image every time you use it. A super fun series that will be a welcome addition to any polka dot fanatics stamp collection!
- Polka Dot Parade #6 will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Polka Dot Parade #6 contains a total of 14 images. The trunk measures approximately 1” wide by 2” tall. The large leaves measure approximately 1/5” wide by 1/2” tall. The largest flower measures approximately 3/10” wide by 3/10” tall. ‘SO VERY MUCH’ measures approximately 1-1/2” wide by 3/10” tall. ‘THANKS’ measures approximately 2-1/2” wide by 2/5” tall.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $3. This collection includes a total of 2 dies (1 single +5 wired shapes). They measure 1" x 2-1/8" (A), 1" x 7/8" (B).
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
Because of the barn, I opted to go for a traditional red when coloring in the buildings. I love, LOVE the trees in this particular set because they are nice and full, making it easy to color them in and add more depth. The little quilts on the clothesline just add to the quaintness.
One thing I wanted to incorporate into this particular set in the series was the ability to cut out bits and pieces and pop them up for dimension. If you look closely you can see how I designed this so that you have a visual triangle of popped up accents, which is pleasing to the eye.
With the quilts on the clothesline, it was pretty much a given to add some quilt squares from Quilter's Sampler. I stamped several different designs on white cardstock and colored them in with the same Copics that I used in the hills scene. I then punched them out with the 3/4" square punch and adhered them in a border.
I stamped the frame image from Scrolling Script onto white cardstock using Hawaiian Shores ink. I then added the beautiful sentiment in New Leaf. I love how with just one impression I fill the entire frame with so much movement! Then I die-cut the image with the Mat Stack 7 die. I just adore this Mat Stack 7 shape so much and I know it will be a new favorite!
In the background you can see the adorable trees created with Polka Dot Parade #6! I stamped the trunk of the tree in Dark Chocolate, Followed by the leaves in New Leaf and the flowers in Hawaiian Shores.
I added two strips of New Leaf cardstock to the bottom edge of my card. It still needed a little something, so that's when I decided to add the Little Bitty Bird Additions to the sentiment block, and I think he's the perfect touch! To complete the project I mounted everything onto a Hawaiian Shores card base.
Since my first projects were bold and bright, I thought I would change things up and go pastel for my last project today. I turned to one of my favorite color combinations, Melon Berry, Sweet Blush and Vintage Cream.
I started by stamping the butterflies (from Beautiful Butterflies) onto my Melon Berry card front with VersaMark ink. I then brushed on Perfect Pearls in Blush and Perfect Bronze, removing the excess with a Swiffer dust cloth.
I stamped the frame included in Scrolling Script in Sweet Blush onto Vintage cream cardstock, then die cut it with the coordinating Mat Stack 7 die. I added the sentiment, also from Scrolling Script, in VersaMark and applied Perfect Pearls to it as well.
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! Whether it's summer at your house or you're on the other side of the world and winter is settling in, we hope you're feeling inspired to get crafting, thanks to today's amazing product introductions! We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, July 13th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our July Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Melissa Phillips will be showcasing Summer Hills.
Ashley Cannon Newell will be featuring Polka Dot Parade #6.
Danielle Flanders will be highlighting Scrolling Script.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
- STAMPS: Summer Hills (available July 15th) Quilter's Sampler
- INK: Noir Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: 3/4" square punch (EK Success), Copic Markers (R29, R89, YG95, YG97, BG72, BG75, Y38, E99, E57)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
HELLO THERE CARD
- STAMPS: Polka Dot Parade #6, Scrolling Script (available July 15th) Little Bitty Bird Additions
- INK: Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf, Dark Chocolate
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf
- OTHER: Mat Stack 7 Collection dies
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
LOVELY DAY CARD
- STAMPS: Scrolling Script (available July 15th) Beautiful Butterflies
- INK: VersaMark, Sweet Blush
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Melon Berry, Sweet Blush
- OTHER: Mat Stack 7 Collection dies, Perfect Pearls (perfect bronze & blush), sequins, mini glue dots
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"