Today's releases are all about celebrating achievements and celebrating birthdays! Whatever the occasion, we've got a little something you can use to whip up cards and gift wrap for celebrating all of life's little milestones!
First Place, by Melissa Bickford, is a fun ribbon set that is perfect for children, teachers, coaches, moms, dads and so many more. It features many different images with fun patterns as well as numerous sentiments that will allow you to build your own custom ribbons and create the most amazing projects. It also includes coordinating dies which will make creating with this set a breeze. This set is sure to win first place in your stamp collection!
- First Place will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- First Place contains a total of 32 images. The ribbons measure approximately 1/2” wide x 3-1/4” tall. The three circle labels measure approximately 1-1/4” wide x 1-1/4” tall. The ‘1’ measures approximately 1/4” wide x 3/5” tall. ‘YOU ROCK’ measures approximately 1-1/10” wide x 1/4” tall. ‘So proud of you’ measures approximately 1” wide by 1/2” tall.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $8. This collection includes a total of 2 dies (3 nested shapes + 2 wired shapes). The "1" measures 3/8" x 5/8". The solid circle measures 1-1/4" and the large circle measures 2". Each of the ribbons in die B measure3-1/4" x 5/8".
Wishes Come True is a celebratory set designed by Lizzie Jones, full of candles and festive sentiments perfect for everyone, from the young to the young-at-heart. Create colorful arrays of cheerful candles perfect for birthdays, holidays, and more! The neutral styling lends itself to unlimited options, especially when paired with the coordinating die. This set is sure to become a basic that you'll reach for time and again!
- Wishes Come True will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Wishes Come True contains a total of 18 images. The outlined candle measures 1/4" wide by 2 1/2" tall. The "Make a wish" sentiment measures 3/8" tall by 1 1/2" long. The “So many candles” sentiment measures just under 1/2" tall by 2" long.
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $4. This single die (including 3 wired shapes) measures 1-3/8" x 2-5/8" total, with each candle measuring 3/8" x 2-5/8".
Balloon Bash is a playful set brimming with birthday balloons and celebratory sentiments put together by Lizzie Jones. The set features a trio of patterned balloons and coordinating stylized sentiments. The matching die makes it a snap to create festive balloon bundles for men, women, and children. This delightful little set is a versatile staple for any stamp collection!
- Balloon Bash will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Balloon Bash contains a total of 18 images.The balloons measure 1 1/8" wide by 1 3/4" tall. The strings are 3 1/4" long. The larger of the two small flowers is approximately 3/8" square. The “Birthday Wishes” sentiment measures 1” tall by 2" wide.
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $5. This die (containing 3 wired shapes) measures 2-7/8" x 2-7/8" total, with each individual balloon measuring 1-1/8" x 3/4".
You can never have too much birthday! This set of three birthday word dies can be used with a variety of sentiments from previously released sets. With three different styles to choose from, you'll have the perfect touch for nearly any style of project.
- Birthday Trio die collection will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $9.
- Birthday Trio die collection contains a total of 3 dies. The dies measures (A) 3-1/8" x 7/8", (B) 3-3/4" x 1/2", (C) 3-3/4" x 1-1/8".
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
For my first card I decided to pair a bit of chevron up with the gorgeous balloons found in Balloon Bash. I die-cut the Cover Plate: Chevron Vertical die from white cardstock and trimmed the bottom from it. I then adhered it to the cover of a Clear Cardstock card base using 1/8" Scor-tape. I attached a block of Soft Stone cardstock to the back cover.
For the sentiment, I cut a small flag from Summer Sunrise cardstock and stamped it with the tiny "happy" from Inside & Out: Birthday II (more about this later in the week) in Orange Zest. I stamped the "wish big" circle (also from Inside & Out: Birthday II) in Berry Sorbet onto white cardstock and punched it out with a 1/2" circle punch. The large "birthday" was die-cut from white cardstock using the new Birthday Trio dies.
I started by die-cutting "birthday" five times using the new Birthday Trio dies. I used temporary adhesive to stick them down on a piece of scrap paper all in a row and stamped them with the star patterned balloon from Balloon Bash.
I then added small pieces of foam tape to the back of the words, but left the backing in place on all the pieces except for the ones under the "b". I adhered all of them onto my white card, just using the exposed pieces on the left side. I die-cut the balloons from Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse and Hawaiian Shores cardstocks. I adhered them in place under each of the stamped balloons that appear on top of the words. Since I only adhered the words on the left hand side so far, it was easy to side the die-cut balloons into place. I then finished removing the backing on the rest of the pieces of tape and adhered all of the words down.
When I saw the scale of the candles in the new Wishes Come True set, I just knew I wanted to pair them up with the Shape Up Series: Cupcake dies!
The upper portion was stamped with "it's a" and "party" from Happy Day using Charcoal Palette ink. I die-cut the "birthday" from white cardstock using the new Birthday Trio dies. I added Prisma Glitter to it for extra sparkle and adhered it in place using foam tape.
My next project uses Wishes Come True once again, but this time with the Zipper Border die. I started by die-cutting the Zipper Border die across the white card front at an angle. I added the sentiment from Wishes Come True in True Black and also the "pull here" arrow from Mover's & Shakers Sentiments.
I then used post-it notes to mask off the die cut area and stamped all of the candles. I used Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Blueberry Sky inks for this. I also used Harvest Gold for the candle flames. A block of Blueberry Sky striped paper was added underneath the zipper area for visual balance.
I stumbled upon my favorite Gold Perfect Pearls while working and pulled it out to use with a fun bold color scheme.
I stamped the candles onto the Royal Velvet card front using VersaMark and then applied the Perfect Pearls. I die-cut the Birthday Trio word from Royal Velvet as well and pressed it into my VersaMark pad. I then covered it with Perfect Pearls as well and adhered it in place using foam tape.
I cut small strips of Raspberry Fizz cardstock to add to either end of the die-cut word and added "wishes" in Royal Velvet to the right hand side. Everything was adhered to a Raspberry Fizz card base.
I pulled out the gorgeous First Place stamp set and paired it up with the previously released Strawberry Patch. I stamped the large strawberry image with True Black ink and then used all of the companion solid images to fill it in with Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse and Sweet Blush.
For the ribbon, I die-cut Simply Chartreuse cardstock and added the ribbon pattern with Ripe Avocado. For the medallion portion I die-cut both layers from white cardstock and added the companion images using Sweet Blush and Pure Poppy. The sentiment from First Place finished it off in True Black.
For my last project today, I really wanted to do something a bit more masculine using First Place. I opted to pair it up with On the Farm.
I stamped the distressed block from On the Farm in Classic Kraft. I then added the top medallion portion (from First Place) in Canyon Clay, finishing it off with the coordinating sentiment in Dark Chocolate. I die-cut a mask for the medallion and added the striped ribbons in Terracotta Tile. "Howdy" and the barn from On the Farm were added inside the distressed block.
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! Are you in the mood to celebrate? Have a birthday or other event you could use some of today's new goodies for? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, July 11th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our July Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Betsy Veldman will be showcasing First Place.
Cristina Kowalczyk will be featuring Wishes Come True.
Erin Lincoln will be highlighting Balloon Bash.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
- STAMPS: Balloon Bash, Inside & Out : Birthday II (available July 15th)
- INK: Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, Summer Sunrise, Clear Cardstock
- OTHER: Balloon Bash die, Birthday Trio dies, Cover Plate: Chevron Vertical die, 1/2" circle punch (EK Success), crochet thread (DMC), 1/8" Scor-tape
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
BIRTHDAY WISHES CARD
- STAMPS: Balloon Bash, Wishes Come True (available July 15th)
- INK: True Black, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores
- OTHER:\Balloon Bash die, Birthday Trio dies
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
BIRTHDAY PARTY CUPCAKE CARD
- STAMPS: Wishes Come True (available July 15th) Happy Day
- INK: Hibiscus Burst,Limeade Ice, Summer Sunrise, Charcoal Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Hibiscus Burst
- OTHER: Wishes Come True die, Birthday Trio dies, Shape Up Series: Cupcake dies, crochet thread (DMC), Prisma Glitter
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 6-1/2"
ONE MORE CANDLE CARD
- STAMPS: Wishes Come True (available July 15th) Movers & Shakers Sentiments
- INK: True Black, Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Blueberry Sky, Harvest Gold
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Blueberry Sky Pattern Pack (stripes)
- OTHER: Zipper Border die
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 6"
GOLDEN BIRTHDAY WISHES CARD
- STAMPS: Wishes Come True (available July 15th)
- INK: Royal Velvet, VersaMark
- PAPER: Royal Velvet, Raspberry Fizz
- OTHER: Birthday Trio dies, Gold Perfect Pearls
- FINISHED SIZE: 4" x 5-1/2"
#1 MOM CARD
- STAMPS: First Place (available July 15th) Strawberry Patch
- INK: True Black, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse
- OTHER: First Place dies
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
BEST BROTHER CARD
- STAMPS: First Place (available July 15th) On the Farm
- INK: Classic Kraft, Canyon Clay, Terracotta Tile, Dark Chocolate
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Terracotta Tile, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: 5/8" circle punch (EK Success), Dark Chocolate Baker's Twine
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-3/4" x 4-3/4"