Vintage bicycles -- and new bicycles designed to look old! -- are all the rage! With their leather seats, their charming wicker baskets and happy little bells to ring as you pass by, what could be sweeter? You'll love how we've brought this iconic image to life.....take a peek and see for yourself!
Pedal Pusher is an amazing new bicycle set that offers endless possibilities and customization! It was an absolute joy to be able to illustrate Erin Lincoln's vision! The bicycle can be stamped in two ways. You can 2-step stamp with the bicycle wheels as a set, followed by the top portion of the bicycle. Or, with the coordinating dies, you can stamp each wheel individually on separate die-cuts and attach them behind the top portion with brads to create wheels that spin. The basket can be filled with a variety of different items included in this set, and you can also have fun experimenting with other images from previously released sets. With all of the options here, you can create a card for just about any occasion!
- Pedal Pusher will be available for purchase on May 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Pedal Pusher contains a total of 29 images. The assembled bicycle measures 3-3/8" x 2-1/4". The single bicycle wheel measures 1-1/4". The bicycle basket measures 5/8" along the top edge and 1/2" tall. the measurements for the basket fillers are as follows: puppy (3/8" x 3/8"), flowers & leaves assembled (1" x 1-1/8"), apples & leaves assembled (3/4" x 1/4"), wedding cans (1" x 7/8"), stacked gifts assembled (5/8" x 3/4"), holly & berries assembled (1" x 1-1/4"). "Life is like riding a bicycle..." measures 2-3/4" x 7/8". "Just keep on pedaling." measures 2-3/4" x 1/2". "Congratulations!" measures 1-3/4" x 1/8".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $16. This collection includes a total of 4 dies(2 single + 6 wired shapes + 2 wired shapes). 3-3/4" x 2-1/2" (A), 3-1/8" x 1-1/2" (B), 3" x 2" (C), 1-1/2" each (D)
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
The wonderful thing about Pedal Pusher is that you can create a bicycle using multiple die-cut layers for the interactive feature, or you can go the simple route and add the components to a single layer die-cut. For my first project I opted to create a single layer bicycle.
I stamped the top half of the bike in Enchanted evening and the bottom half in Charcoal Palette ink. The basket was added with Dark Chocolate, then the apples with Pure Poppy and Ripe Avocado.
For the Smokey Shadow border strip at the bottom, I added a stamped alphabet border from Teach & Inspire using Fresh Snow ink. I decided to incorporate Betsy Veldman's chalkboard technique to go along with the teacher theme. A bit towards the bottom of the strip, I heat embossed the sentiment with White Filigree Embossing Powder, followed by a second impression in Fresh Snow ink that was smudges with my fingertip.
The bicycle topper & the flowers were stamped in Winter Wisteria and the wheels & basket were each stamped in Classic Kraft. The leaf layer for the flowers uses Simply Chartreuse. I added a few dabs of Liquid Pearls for the flower centers.
The sentiment, also from Pedal Pusher, was added in Dark Chocolate ink to a strip of Simply Chartreuse cardstock. For the background, I stamped the houses and small tree from Boards & Beams using Fresh Snow ink. A strip of Winter Wisteria striped paper accents the bottom and helps to ground everything.
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! We hope you've enjoyed today's plethora of Pedal Pusher projects!! Are you excited about all of the design options offered within this set? What about the interactive elements with the bicycle tires? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, May 14th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our May Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
- STAMPS: Pedal Pusher (available May 15th) Teach & Inspire
- INK: Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Enchanted Evening, Ripe Avocado, Fresh Snow, Charcoal Palette, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky Pattern Pack (bitty dot)
- OTHER: Pedal Pusher dies, White Filigree Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"
NO SHORTCUTS CARD
- STAMPS: Pedal Pusher (available May 15th) Boards & Beams
- INK: Fresh Snow, Winter Wisteria, Classic Kraft, Simply Chartreuse
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft, Simply Chartreuse, Winter Wisteria Pattern Pack (stripes)
- OTHER: Pedal Pusher dies, mini brads (Paper Studio), liquid pearls (Ranger)
- FINISHED SIZE: 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"