Hello and welcome to the March Countdown here at Papertrey Ink! We're excited to dive right in and today, it's all about one of the most popular themes to make cards for -- birthdays! We'll have you celebrating those special days in style with gorgeous new products sure to make their way to the top of your wish list!
This is the second in series of stamp sets designed by Heather Nichols, featuring one large word that can be used with a coordinating die cut. This second set features the word "birthday" in a whimsical mixed upper and lowercase seriffed font. The clean, bold companion sentiments will pair up well with the die alone, the stamped word alone or the two used together.
- Wonderful Words: Birthday will be available for purchase on March 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Wonderful Words: Birthday contains a total of 8 images. The “birthday” word is just over 3 1/2” wide and just under 3/4” tall. The “ wishing you a very happy” sentiment is just over 3 1/2” wide and is 3/8” tall. The “happy” word is just over 3/4” wide and is 3/8” tall.
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $3.
Background Basics: Birthday Fun is a great set for creating your own birthday backgrounds. The text background has many words and sayings associated with celebrating a special birthday and the row of gifts is perfect for creating borders on all your projects. This is sure to be a set that will bring a special touch to all your paper crafting projects!
- Background Basics: Birthday Fun will be available for purchase on March 15th.
- It will retail for $18.
- Background Basics: Birthday Fun contains a total of 4 images. The row of gifts measures approximately 5-1/2” long by 9/10” tall. The birthday text background measures approximately 5-3/4” by 1-1/5” tall. The small text box measures 1” wide by 1-1/2” tall. The gift trio measures approximately 1-1/4” wide by 4/5” tall.
Melissa Bickford does it again! Polka Dot Parade #2 is the second set in a monthly series of fun polka dot images, sentiments and coordinating dies. Each set features adorable designs and a fun font combination that you will love mixing and matching. The coordinating die will make stamping a breeze and give you a perfect image every time you use it. A super fun series that will be a welcome addition to any polka dot fanatic's stamp collection!
- Polka Dot Parade #2 will be available for purchase on March 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Polka Dot Parade #2 contains a total of 8 images. The row of flower stems measures approximately 1-3/4” wide by 9/10” tall. The largest flower measures approximately 3/5” wide by 3/5” tall. The row of outlined flowers measures approximately 1-3/4” wide by 9/10” tall. ‘HELLO’ measures approximately 2-1/10” wide by 2/5” tall. ‘Sending you a happy’ measures approximately 2-1/10” wide by 2/5” tall.
- A coordinating die (set of three wired shapes) will be available for sale separately, retailing for $3.
At long last by customer request, we're thrilled to bring you a collection of dies to coordinate with the previously released -- and tremendously popular -- Tremendous Treats: Birthday stamp set!
- Tremendous Treats: Birthday die collection will be available for purchase on March 15th.
- It will retail for $18.
- Tremendous Treats: Birthday die collection contains a total of 2 dies (7 shapes wired together, on each).
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
For my first project I wanted to pair up the new Tremendous Treats: Birthday dies with the Movers & Shakers: Spinners dies, to create a fun kinetic card. I die-cut the wavy track from Harvest Gold cardstock then cut a piece of Simply Chartreuse cardstock to fit underneath, representing grassy hills.
I added flowers to each side of the wavy track. They were die-cut from Melon Berry cardstock using the Beautiful Blooms II #3 die. They were then stamped with Bitty Background Blocks with Berry Sorbet ink. The new Polka Dot Parade #2 die-cut flowers make the perfect centers for these. I die-cut the small flowers from Summer Sunrise cardstock and adhered them with foam dimensionals. For a fun, dimensional touch I cut some white fuzzy pompoms in half and glued them to the centers of the flowers.
The sentiment was added in the lower corner. The "Hello" is from Polka Dot Parade #2, stamped in Simply Chartreuse. The "party animal" is from Tremendous Treats: Birthday and it was added in True Black.
I started with my background. I stamped a few elements from Flower Garden onto Aqua Mist cardstock using Blueberry Sky, Royal Velvet and Winter Wisteria inks. I added a few iridescent sequins to the centers of the large daisies.
I die-cut the word "birthday" from Blueberry Sky cardstock, then stamped it with the coordinating image in Royal Velvet. The chevron pattern on the word stamps beautifully. The companion sentiment was stamped above the word and heat embossed with White Filigree Embossing Powder.
I stamped the flower stems along the bottom of the card cover using Simply Chartreuse ink. I die-cut several of the Polka Dot Parade #2 flowers from Sweet Blush cardstock, stamping them with the coordinating images in Hibiscus Burst ink. I stitched the center of each flower with white crochet thread.
My last card today showcases the new Background Basics: Birthday Fun set. It features some fun birthday themed text as well as some stylish gifts. I stamped the large "birthday" from Wonderful Words: Birthday in Orange Zest ink, adding the companion sentiment in True Black. The new background text was added above and below the sentiment in Soft Stone ink. As a finishing touch, I added gifts to wither side of the main sentiment using Raspberry Fizz ink.
I ran a strip of 1/8" Scor-tape underneath the sentiment and adhered some silver star sequins along it. I love the way this accent looks, and have actually been having a lot of fun experimenting with them lately!
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! Have you got some birthdays coming up that these new products would be perfect for? Which are you most anxious to put to use in your own crafty space? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, March 11th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our March Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Betsy Veldman will be featuring more of Wonderful Words: Birthday and Background Basics: Birthday Fun.
Erin Lincoln will be highlighting Polka Dot Parade #2.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
- STAMPS: Polka Dot Parade #2 (available March 15th) Tremendous Treats: Birthday, Bitty Background Blocks
- INK: Noir Palette, Berry Sorbet, Simply Chartreuse
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, Melon Berry
- OTHER: Polka Dot Parade #2 die. Tremendous Treats: Birthday die, Beautiful Blooms II #3 die, Clouds dies, Movers & Shakers: Spinners dies, pompoms, Copic markers (R02, R22, R05, YR24, YR12)
- FINISHED SIZE: 3-3/4" x 5-1/2"
BLUE BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Wonderful Words: Birthday (available March 15th) Flower Garden
- INK: Blueberry Sky, Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Blueberry Sky
- OTHER: Wonderful Words: Birthday die, sequins, White Filigree Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
BIRTHDAY WISHES CARD
- STAMPS: Wonderful Words: Birthday, Polka Dot Parade #2 (available March 15th)
- INK: True Black, Simply Chartreuse, Hibiscus Burst
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse, Hibiscus Burst
- OTHER: Wonderful Words: Birthday die, Polka Dot Parade #2 die, white crochet thread (DMC)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Wonderful Words: Birthday, Background Basics: Birthday Fun (available March 15th) Background Basics: Super Stripes
- INK: True Black, Orange Zest, Raspberry Fizz, Soft Stone
- PAPER: Rustic White, Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz
- OTHER: 1/8" Scor-tape, star sequins
- FINISHED SIZE: 7" x 4-1/2"