There is just something so beautiful about embroidery work. Vintage pieces such as tablecloths or pillow cases that are found in an antique store, created years ago and worn to the perfect softness.....they make you wonder who's hands created them and how long ago. Or what about those gorgeous pieces that someone in your family made either recently or ages ago? It's with those beautiful images in mind that we bring you today's product introductions....
Hundreds of tiny, intricate "stitches" make up each component of the embroidered flowers & leaves in this elegant set. There are even "french knots" for the flower centers. As you build blooms and leaves with the layers created for each image in a variety of colors, they will literally come to life and jump from the page. And the best part? They coordinate with previously released dies, Beautiful Blooms II Die Collections (#2 & #3) as well as Turning a New Leaf.
- Embroidered Blooms will be available for purchase on December 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Embroidered Blooms contains a total of 26 images. This set is divided between two 4x6 acetate sheets. The largest assembled 5-petal flower measures 1-3/8". The smallest assembled 5-petal flower measures 1". The largest assembled 10-petal flower measures 1-3/8". The smallest assembled 10-petal flower measures 1". The largest assembled leaf measures 3-3/4" x 3". The smallest assembled leaf measures 1-1/2" x 1". "Hello" measures 1-1/4" x 1/2". "Friend" measures 7/8" x 1/8".
Maile Belles has designed an elegantly fun ribbon set perfect for invitations, anniversary, weddings, birthdays, special occasions and so much more. These ribbons can be stamped in any color to coordinate with a party theme or would look fabulous embossed in silver or gold for a memorable anniversary. The centers can be embellished with accessories such as buttons, rhinestones, glitter and so on. Such versatility is exactly what your stamp collection needs!
- Ribbons & Bows will be available for purchase on December 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Ribbons & Bows contains a total of 11 images. This set comes divided between two 4x6 acetate sheets. The largest ribbon image measures 3 1/2" x 3 3/4", the smallest ribbon images measures 2 1/2" x 1 3/4", the "Congratulations" sentiment measures 2 1/2" x 3/4" and the "Thank You" sentiment measures 1 3/4" x 1 1/4".
A follow-up to Heather Nichol's successful Countdown Details stamp set, these dies will cut out the adorable banners in the set making creating even faster and more efficient! In fact, the shapes are so versatile, this little die is handy to have around for many other things too! Like the detail I added to this project earlier in the week.
- Countdown Details die will be available for purchase on December 15th.
- It will retail for $3.
- Countdown Details die (2 wired shapes) measures 1-1/2" x 7/8" (individual banner 3/8" x 1-1/2")
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
To start with tonight, I have a bouquet I created with Embroidered Blooms and Ribbons & Bows. It all began with using Sew Simple Borders to create some stems using Limeade Ice ink. I then added a few leaves from Embroidered Blooms in the same color.
I added the flowers using Blueberry Sky, Winter Wisteria, Spring Rain and Fresh Snow. I had fun mixing and matching the elements to create the look of a soft bouquet. To fnish the smallest flowers stamped in Fresh Snow, I added a tiny pearl to the center of each one.
The ribbon was added to the left of the bouquet center. I inked the whole bow with Winter Wisteria and then inked just the edges with Blueberry Sky. I did a similar technique to the sentiment to get the two-tone effect again.
I swiped a bit of Fresh Snow ink around the top edges of the Spring Rain card front to help soften around the bouquet. This card was really fun to put together since the bouquet arrangement is just random placement of several beautiful elements, all in one place!
I started by stamping the two-step leaf. The outside edge is Simply Chartreuse and the interior layer is Ripe Avocado. Don't you just LOVE the detail with all these intricate little lines that make up the stitches for each leaf?
I stamped the flowers directly onto the Vintage Cream card front first, using Melon Berry and Harvest Gold. I then stamped them again onto the coordinating die-cut shapes. I opted to rotate the die-cuts slightly so that the flowers took on a whole new look when layered together. The flower centers were stamped in Classic Kraft and finished with a tiny pearl.
I started by die-cutting a few Beautiful Blooms II #2 & Turning a New Leaf shapes from a 5" block of True Black cardstock. The idea was to layer white cardstock underneath and stamp through the openings in the True Black layer. Before I adhered the black in place, I stamped a few solid leaves from Turning a New Leaf in VersaMark and heat embossed them with Clear Filigree Embossing Powder.
One of the best things about the new Embroidered Blooms set is the way you can use the bits & pieces in conjunction with the "solid" coordinating images found in previously released sets. I stamped the solid leaf from Turning a New Leaf in Simply Chartreuse and then I was able to layer just the interior portion of the stitching from Embroidered Blooms in Ripe Avocado. It adds a lot of detail to the solid stamp and gives me a whole new level of options.
With the flowers, I just layered together several of the elements from Embroidered Blooms using Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile & True Black ink. I finished the centers with a few black rhinestones.
I heat embossed this sentiment from Sending My Love in White Filigree Embossing Powder on a separate block of True Black cardstock, trimmed with pinking shears at the top edge. This was adhered with foam tape for dimension.
I adhered the whole piece onto a Simply Chartreuse card base to complete the card. Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! And I hope that you're as excited about these new products as we are!! What are your favorites from today? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, December 14th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our December Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
NOTE: Because of some unexpected delays, Melissa Bickford will be showcasing her new Heart-2-Heart #11 set for a full five days beginning on the 15th! So stay tuned this weekend!
- STAMPS: Embroidered Blooms, Sending My Love (available December 15th) Turning a New Leaf
- INK: Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile, True Black, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, True Black, Simply Chartreuse
- OTHER: Beautiful Blooms II #2 dies, Turning a New Leaf dies, White & Clear Filigree Embossing Powders, black rhinestones (KaiserCraft)
- FINISHED SIZE: 5-1/2" x 5-1/2"
SIMPLY WONDERFUL CARD
- STAMPS: Embroidered Blooms, Ribbons & Bows (available December 15th) Sew Simple Borders
- INK: Limeade Ice, Blueberry Sky, Winter Wisteria, Spring Rain, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain
- OTHER: pearls (Paper Studio)
- FINISHED SIZE: 6-3/4" x 4-1/4"
THANKS SO MUCH CARD
- STAMPS: Embroidered Blooms (available December 15th)
- INK: Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Melon Berry, Harvest Gold, Classic Kraft
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Melon Berry
- OTHER: Beautiful Blooms II #3 dies, pearls (Paper Studio)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"