Have you ever created a counted cross stitch project? Or perhaps you've been fortunate enough to have a mother, grandmother, or some other loved one in your life, who has been a cross-stitcher or embroiderer and has blessed you with one of her hand-crafted treasures. Perhaps hanging on your wall at this very minute, is a work of art -- large or small -- that was created for you with love. It is with thoughts of those pieces of artwork and those loved ones as well, that we introduce you to today's newest products....
There is something special about things made by hand, as if a bit of love is woven into the gift making it that much more special. Use the images & heartwarming sentiments within this set to create a wide variety of projects with that special homespun feeling. With an embroidery hoop and vintage embroidered words, it's easy to get just this kind of look. The banner can be added towards the bottom of the hoop featuring a companion sentiment. If you would rather not use the hoop image, the sentiments can be surrounded with the delicate vines and embellished with flowers or berries. So many creative possibilities.
- Stitched Sentiments will be available for purchase on November 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Stitched Sentiments contains a total of 39 images. The embroidery hoop measures 2-1/2". The large leafed vines each measure 3-7/8" x 1-3/4". The large embroidered "YOU" measures 1-3/8" x 1/2". "LOVE" measures 1-3/4" x 1/2". The banner measures 3-3/4" x 7/8". The banner sentiments each measure about 1/4" tall and between 2-1/8" to 1-3/4".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $8. This collection includes a total of 2 dies. 2-5/8" x 2-3/4" (A), 3/4" x 5-3/4" (B)
The coordinating Aida Impression Plate can be used to mimic the look of aida cloth used in counted cross stitch. Die cut a Limitless Layers 2.5" circle, impress it with the Aida Impression Plate and layer behind the opening of the embroidery hoop, for a realistic look to your paper-crafted projects!
- Aida Impression Plate will be available for purchase on November 15th.
- It will retail for $16.
- Aida Impression Plate measures 4-1/2" x 5-3/4".
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
For the center sentiment, I used the center circle from the In Stitches embroidery hoop die, cut from Sweet Blush cardstock. I heat embossed the word "love" with White Filigree Embossing powder and added the heart & flourishes in Melon Berry. I just love how realistic the stitches look!
I die-cut the banner from Aqua Mist cardstock and stamped the back with Background Basics: Super Stripes using Hawaiian Shores ink so a bit of it would peek out once the banner was folded. The sentiment was added with Hawaiian Shores as well.
A little bit about the banner die included in the In Stitches die set. Here is what the banner looks like when it is die cut. There are little openings that show you where to fold the cardstock so no scoring is required.
I die-cut the embroidery hoop from Classic Kraft cardstock and stamped the woodgrain hoop with Dark Chocolate ink. Then I added the top clasp in True Black. I added several embroidered elements to the center portion that was die-cut from white cardstock using the Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle die. "You" was stamped in Pure Poppy, the flowers in Sweet Blush, the leaves in Simply Chartreuse and the tiny buds in Hawaiian Shores. Small pearls were added to the centers of the flowers.
I stamped the vines onto the Pure Poppy background with Pure Poppy ink and then impressed it with the Aida Impression Plate. As a finishing touch, I added stitching around the edge using the new Sew Simple Borders set and Fresh Snow ink. Everything was adhered to a Classic Kraft cards base which was swiped with a bit of Fresh Snow ink around the edge.
Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created! Please note: Danielle, Dawn and Maile did not receive this set in time to participate in today's group post. We will be highlighting their use of the set on the morning of the 16th so you have something to look forward to after the release festivities!
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Are you feeling as inspired as we are to get crafty either with paper or some sort of stitched project? Are you remembering any specific loved ones today, that used to or perhaps still do cross stitch or embroider? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, November 14 to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our November Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
- STAMPS: Stitched Sentiments (available November 15th) Background Basics: Super Stripes
- INK: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, MElon Berry, Harvest Gold, Hawaiian Shores, VersaMark, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Rustic Cream, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist
- OTHER: In Stitches dies,Harvest Gold buttons, embroidery floss (DMC), White Filigree Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"
YOU WON'T HAVE TO FACE THIS ALONE CARD
- STAMPS: Stitched Sentiments, Sew Simple Borders (available November 15th)
- INK: VersaMark, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Dark Chocolate, True Black, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Classic Kraft, Hawaiian Shores
- OTHER: In Stitches dies, Aida Impression Plate, Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle die, pearls (Paper Studio)
- FINISHED SIZE: 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"