A delicious dessert, dinner with friends, the comfort that comes from a favorite home-cooked meal....there is just something about food that can bring a bit of unexpected joy to our lives and today's product introductions focus on food, glorious food and on being grateful and sharing our gratitude as well.
Pretty much everyone loves to either eat or cook and Dawn McVey has created the perfect set to embrace both of these in style! Foodie Fun is a delightful collection of images and sentiments centered around food, glorious food! These delicious images and sentiments covering a wide variety of occasions will have you coming back for seconds!! Pair them with the coordinating die collection for even more style options!
- Foodie Fun will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Foodie Fun contains a total of 21 images. The chocolate bar image measures 1-1/8" x 2". The cake image measures 1-1/4" x 1". The "When life gives you lemons..." sentiment measures 1" x 7/8".
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $6. This is a single die (7 wired shapes). The die measures 4-1/2" x 3" total (1-1/8" candy bar, 1-1/4" x 3/4" turkey, 1-1/8" x 1/2" pie).
Heather Nichols has created yet another amazing addition to her series of frames that coordinate with a center cut out frame die cut. The center cut out can also be used with a coordinating image included in the set. Use the frames by themselves or combine both as well as the sentiments to add just the right detail to your paper crafting projects. Framed Out #7 features an oval frame that will coordinate with so many different types of projects. Build your collection and build the possibilities!
- Framed Out #7 will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Framed Out #7 contains a total of 6 images. The larger frame measures just under 2 1/2” wide and just over 1 5/8” tall. The smaller frame is just over 1 1/2” wide and just over 3/4” tall. The thank you sentiment is just over 1” wide and just under 1/2” tall.
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $3. This die measures 2-1/8" x 1-1/2".
This unique set is something that has been requested on numerous occasions and will surely fill a void in many stamper's collections! Thanks All Ways provides just what it's name alludes to... a variety of thanks to use in just about every possible way. There are eight large-scaled versions of the word "thanks", each in a different font and style, making the set applicable to ANY type of project. There are also smaller companion sentiments to cover nearly all the possible reasons you would be sending someone gratitude. This set is versatile enough that it can be paired up with a large number of our previously released sets as well.
Here is a list of some of the possible sentiment combinations for this set:
- THANKS for the wonderful gift
- THANKS for the wonderful gifts
- THANKS for the wonderful meal
- THANKS for the wonderful treats
- THANKS for the wonderful breakfast
- THANKS for the wonderful lunch
- THANKS for the wonderful dinner
- THANKS for the wonderful day
- THANKS for the wonderful morning
- THANKS for the wonderful afternoon
- THANKS for the wonderful evening
- THANKS for the wonderful weekend
- THANKS for the wonderful gesture
- THANKS for the wonderful donation
- THANKS for the wonderful memories
- THANKS for all your help
- THANKS for thinking of me
- THANKS for thinking of us
- THANKS for your kindness
- THANKS for always being there
- THANKS for coming to my party
- THANKS for all your support
- THANKS for being such a great employee
- THANKS for being such a great volunteer
- THANKS for being such a great babysitter
- THANKS for being such a great boss
- THANKS for being such a great secretary
- THANKS for being such a great assistant
- THANKS for being such a great co-worker
- THANKS for being such a great teacher
- THANKS for being such a great student
- THANKS for being such a great tutor
- THANKS for being such a great coach
- THANKS for being such a great teammate
- THANKS for being such a great mentor
- THANKS for being such a great leader
- THANKS for being such a great vet
- THANKS for being such a great hostess
- THANKS for being such a great host
- THANKS for being such a great nurse
- THANKS for being such a great friend
- THANKS for being such a great neighbor
- THANKS for being such a great doctor
- THANKS for everything
- THANKS for all you do
- Thanks All Ways will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Thanks All Ways contains a total of 57 images. The largest script "Thanks" measures 2 3/4" x 7/8". The small stencil-style "Thanks" measures 2" x 3/8". The "For always being there" companion sentiment measures 2-3/8" x 1/8". "Teacher" measures 3/4" x 1/8".
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
My first project today showcases the new Framed Out stamp set & die. One of the most exciting aspects of this new stamp set is that the die & frame stamp coordinate perfectly with the Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval die collection. So by adding these supplies to your collection, you will have even MORE options for using these basic dies!
To create my focal point, I started by tracing an oval shape in the middle of my Soft Stone card front with pencil. I then used the fern image from Peaceful Garden to create a background for my frame. I stamped the fern with Simply Chartreuse ink, stamping twice each time I inked so that I got lighter and darker hues from the same ink. Then I erased my pencil lines.
The flower & leaf images are from the previously released Garden of Life. I inked them with Summer Sunrise and then rolled the edges in Orange Zest. These were stamped onto Harvest Gold cardstock and cut out by hand. A small pearl was added to the center of each. The leaves were stamping in Simply Chartreuse onto Spring Moss cardstock. I added a bit of shading to the centers of the leaves with a YG95 Copic Marker.
For the frame, I die-cut the doily-edges oval from the Limitless Layers 2.5" Oval die collection from white cardstock. I then die-cut the new Framed Out #7 shape from white cardstock as well and stamped the frame portion with the coordinating image using Aqua Mist ink. The sentiment in stamped in the center is from the new teacher set that will be showcased later in the week. It was stamped in Charcoal Palette ink.
One of the many great things about the new Thanks All Ways set is the many, many options you have at your disposal for customizing a card for nearly any type of recipient. One of those specifics covered in the set is doctors & nurses. I have had a few occasions where medical staff have gone out of their way to be kind & helpful, and this card design would have been the perfect thing to send afterwards.
This is one of my favorite "thanks" sentiments in the set because of the font being open, allowing you to add color (or colors!). Here, I have stamped it in Fresh Snow ink and colored it in with Copic Markers. I used R29, YR18, Y38, YG95, BG72 and BG75. The supporting sentiment is added underneath in True Black.
I made my own little adorable bandage from the Skater Dude die. I die-cut the shape from vellum cardstock and then sponged it with Clasic Kraft ink. I then stamped it with the smallest polka dots from Polka Dot Basics II using Fresh Snow ink. I added a small rectangle of white cardstock to the center. I flipped the whole thing over and adhered it in place with a bit of foam tape. The transparency of the vellum really makes it look like a real bandage!
To create the focal point, I started with die-cutting Tag Sale #6 from Classic Kraft cardstock and cutting off the bottom. I stamped the sentiment from Foodie Fun onto a strip of Aqua Mist cardstock using Hawaiian Shores ink and added that to the tag. I also die-cut the Small Scalloped Border die from New Leaf cardstock and added that underneath the sentiment.
I die-cut the cake shape from white cardstock and stamped the image in Berry Sorbet ink. There is a tiny dot stamp included in the set that is PERFECT for adding small pops of color to each of the small scallops, which I did in Summer Sunrise. I also added the candle trio in Summer Sunrise. Dawn designed the candle trio die to have an extended bottom so that you can easily adhere it to the back of the cake shape with no fuss. I die-cut the small flower (Flipping Out die) from Hawaiian Shores cardstock. I nipped each of the petals with my scissors which allowed me to curve the petals up slightly and give it more dimension. I added a small pearl to the center and handcut a few leaves from New Leaf cardstock.
The background was stamped with Rosie Posie & Flower Fusion #7 using Berry Sorbet, New Leaf, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores and Summer Sunrise inks. After I was done stamping the background, I impressed it with the Herringbone Impression Plate.
I stamped the sentiments with Dark Chocolate ink onto a strip of Classic Kraft cardstock. This particular "Thanks" is one of my favorites for more sophisticated projects. It just complements so may different styles. I added a line between the two parts of the sentiment with a gold paint pen.
I created my own custom background for this project. It all started with Harvest Gold cardstock. I stamped it with the violets image from Year of Flowers Collection using Classic Kraft ink. I then used a Y26 Copic Marker to color in between all of flowers to create a darker background. I sponged a bit of Fresh Snow ink in the center of each flower using a circular motion. I used a Y32 Copic to add a bit of shading to leaves. When that was compelted, I impressed the whole piece with the Linen & Canvas Impression Plate.
The big soup post in the new Foodie Fun stamp set reminded me of a big enamelware pot that my grandmother uses to make her famous lobster chowder in. I really wanted to capture the classic navy color with white splatters and I think I was able to achieve that here.
I die-cut a Half & Half strip from Canyon Clay cardstock and stamped it with another of the fabulous sentiments from Foodie Fun in VersaMark and heat embossed it with White Filigree Embossing Powder. I added the small fork & spoon images (from Table Service) on either side of the sentiment in Charcoal Palette ink. To create the pot, I die-cut the shape from white cardstock and added the coordinating pot image in Enchanted Evening ink. To create the white splatters, I applies small dots & droplets of Fresh Snow ink refill with a toothpick. When I was done, I flipped it over and blotted it on scrap paper, allowing the dots to spread out a bit and gain that splattered look.
I die-cut the gelato shape twice from white cardstock. I stamped the dish in Orange Zest on one of them and then trimmed off the top half. I added small dots in each of the scallops in Canyon Clay. On the second die-cut I stamped the gelato in Raspberry Fizz and added some shimmer & shine to it with a shimmer pen. The waffle ship was stamped in Dark Chocolate. I also die-cut the small sppon from the Table Service die and added the coordinating image in Dark Chocolate. "Sweet" from Strawberry Patch Sentiments was stamped in Canyon Clay, and the second portion of the sentiment in Dark Chocolate. All of this was done on a base of a die-cut Mat Stack 5 shape.
I created patterned strips for the background of my card. Raspberry Fizz was stamped with one of the small blocks from the new Background Basics: Houndstooth set, using Raspberry Fizz ink. The Orange Zest strip was stamped with flowers from Beautiful Blooms II using Canyon Clay ink, Fresh Snow for the centers. For the Canyon Clay strip, I added the small block from Background Basics: Medallions in Terracotta Tile. I allowed the strips to extend off the edge of the card and notched the ends.
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! Did something in particular catch your eye? Are you craving one new product or another? At the very least, are you feeling a little hungry after today's post? *wink* We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, Sunday, August 12th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our August Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Jessica Witty will be featuring Foodie Fun.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
- STAMPS: Framed Out #7, Teach & Inspire (available August 15th) Garden of Life, Peaceful Garden
- INK: Fresh Snow, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Aqua Mist, Charcoal Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, Harvest Gold
- OTHER: Framed Out #7 die, Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval die, Aqua Mist Satin Ribbon, YG95 Copic marker, adhesive pearls, 5/8" circle punch
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
THANKS DOCTOR CARD
- STAMPS: Thanks All Ways (available August 15th) Polka Dot Basics II
- INK: Fresh Snow, True Black, Classic Kraft
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft, Pure Poppy
- OTHER: Skater Dude die, Copic markers (R29, YR18, Y38, YG95, BG72, BG75), Pure Poppy Baker's Twine
- FINISHED SIZE: 6" x 3-3/4"
CALORIES DON'T COUNT BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Foodie Fun (available August 15th) Rosie Posie, FlowerFusion #7
- INK: Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Summer Sunrise
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Classic Kraft, Summer Sunrise Pattern Pack (stripes)
- OTHER: Tag Sale #6 die, Flipping Out die (flower), Foodie Fun die, Herringbone Impression Plate, Small Scalloped Border die, adhesive pearl
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
THANKS NEIGHBOR CARD
- STAMPS: Thanks All Ways (available August 15th) Year of Flowers Collection
- INK: Fresh Snow, Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate
- PAPER: Harvest Gold, Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate
- OTHER: Copic Markers (Y26, Y32), gold paint pen (Marvy)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
SHARED BLESSINGS CARD
- STAMPS: Foodie Fun (available August 15th) Table Service
- INK: VersaMark, Enchanted Evening, Charcoal Palette, Fresh Snow ink refill
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Canyon Clay, Classic Kraft, Fine Linen Pattern Pack (stripes)
- OTHER: Half & Half die, Foodie Fun die, White Filigree Embossing Powder, Smokey Shadow button, Smokey Shadow stitched ribbon, twine, toothpick
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
SWEET AS CAN BE CARD
- STAMPS: Foodie Fun, Background Basics: Herringbone (available August 15th) Strawberry Patch Sentiments, Background Basics: Medallions, Beautiful Blooms II, Table Service
- INK: Canyon Clay, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Canyon Clay, Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest
- OTHER: Mat Stack 5 die, Foodie Fun die, Table Service die, Gelly Roll glitter pen
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"