A modern take on classic frames and by popular demand, even more stylish, hand-written sentiments....today's product introductions are sure to please! They might even become basic staples you'll want to keep close at hand for all your paper-crafted projects!
Ashley Cannon Newell came to me with the idea for a polaroid-style frame paired with lots of bold patterns to be used in both card-making & scrapbooking. I was inspired instantly and all of the bits & pieces of the set came together seamlessly because of her vision.
This frame set is designed to be a bold and modern take on lots of layering with basic patterns. The coordinating frame die actually cuts out several pieces at a time that can be layered or used separately and can also be customized with the various patterned stamps within this set. Several of the companion elements will fit under (or over, depending on how you orient the frame) the opening in the largest frame, providing the perfect spot for a sentiment or word. The large frame is 3" x 4", the perfect size for A2 card covers and many scrapbook layout applications.
- Fabulous Frames will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Fabulous Frames contains a total of 29 images. The largest frame measures 3" x 4". The square frame measures 2-3/8". The curved rectangle frame measures 2-1/2" x 7/8". The open vintage label frame measures 1-7/8". The small banner measures 2-1/4" x 1/2". The striped border accent measures 2-7/8" x 7/8". The notched border accent measures 2" x 1". Each of the small script words including the days of the week measure about 1/4" tall and anywhere from 1/2" to 3/4" long.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $10. This collection includes a total of 3 dies. They measure 3" x 4" (A), 3" x 2-7/8" (B), 2-1/2" x 7/8" (C).
- You can fit a 2-1/4" wide sentiment, image or photo within the largest frame, 1-1/2" within the square frame and 1-1/4" within the small open vintage frame.
- All of the sentiments included in this set will fit within the banner and the label openings on the accent pieces.
- Any sentiments from your existing collection measuring 1-3/8" x 3/16" or smaller will fit within them as well.
- You can use the largest frame two ways, polka dots at the bottom or top.
- The small single dot can be used to add color to the polka dot openings at the bottom of the largest frame.
- All of the coordinating dies make it easy to layer the frames and border pieces in different colors. Don't forget to have fun and experiment with different combos!
Here is a list of sentiments you can put together with the stamps included in this set...
- TODAY WAS: the best
- TODAY WAS: the big day
- TODAY WAS: epic
- TODAY WAS: awesome
- TODAY WAS: fabulous
- TODAY IS: the best
- TODAY IS: the big day
- TODAY IS: epic
- TODAY IS: awesome
- TODAY IS: fabulous
- TODAY IS: (+ day of the week)
- YOU ARE: the best
- YOU ARE: awesome
- YOU ARE: fabulous
Dawn McVey's popular Signature Greetings set is one of our most popular sentiment sets to date! Dawn has now created a much anticipated follow-up! Signature Greetings II includes a new collection of sentiments to suit many occasions, all featuring the same hand-written touches that are so loved from the original stamp set. Give your cards that extra special hand-made touch by incorporating sentiments that include actual hand-writing!
- Signature Greetings II will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Signature Greetings II contains a total of 19 images. The "You are the cream in my coffee" sentiment measures 2 1/8" wide and 1 1/8" high. The "Hello Buttercup" sentiment measures 2 1/8" wide and 5/8" high. The "just because" sentiment measures 1 1/4" wide and 3/4" high.
The previously released Get to the Point stamp set will work so well with the Fabulous Frames set, so we are offering up what many have requested for so long -- dies to go with all those fun arrows!
- Get To The Point die collection will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $12.
- Get To The Point die collection contains a total of 2 dies. They measure 3-7/8" x 4-1/4" (A), 5-1/4" x 2" (B). Individually, each arrow measures 1-1/4" to 2" long.
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
This pretty sentiment accent layer is part of the Fabulous Frames collection. I die-cut the shape from white cardstock and stamped the striped coordinating image with Winter Wisteria ink. I added the sentiment from Signature Greetings II using True Black ink.
I die-cut The Sweet Life rose from white cardstock. I stamped the coordinating rose layers with Spring Rain, Winter Wisteria (stamped off once) and Winter Wisteria again (direct to paper). The leaves were also die-cut and they were stamped with Spring Moss & Simply Chartreuse inks. I added two pearl stick pins as a finishing detail.
(click on the image above for a larger view)
To showcase the full spectrum of frame possibilities contained in Fabulous Frames, I wanted to create a layout with multiple photos.
There are lots and lots of fun elements here, some of which look like some of the pricey accents & embellishments you can buy at the store. But every single thing here was simply created from scratch with basic supplies. It's all about having the right tools!
This label die is part of the Fabulous Frames die collection. I love this striped border stamp that coordinates with it. Definitely creates a trendy accent label that you can customize in any color you wish. Here, I have stamped it with Simply Chartreuse ink. I added the word "sea" by die-cutting the new Modern Alphabet from Summer Sunrise cardstock.
This square frame is what is cut from the center of the large poloroid-style frame die. I die-cut it from white cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating chevron frame in Summer Sunrise ink. I added an arrow from Get to the Point just underneath the top edge of the frame, die-cut from white cardstock and stamped with Simply Chartreuse ink.
I die-cut the large frame from Simply Chartreuse cardstock. I also die-cut the notched frame accent from white cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating image in Summer Sunrise ink. I added one of the sentiments from Fabulous Frames in the opening using True Black ink.
I created this accent with a little strip of Summer Sunrise Polka Dot paper, rounding the corners on one end. I added another of the sentiments from Fabulous Frames in True Black. I also die-cut another arrow and stamped the coordinating image from Get to the Point in Simply Chartreuse ink.
For the last accent, I die-cut the Desktop File Card from white cardstock and added the lined notebook block from the coordinating stamp set in Simply Chartreuse ink. I added sentiments from Fabulous Frames to the top tab using True Black ink. "2012" was stamped vertically on the right side using the numbers from Get to the Point and Simply Chartreuse ink. I added more letters die-cut with the Modern Alphabet dies and Summer Sunrise cardstock.
Next, I have a bright & colorful cupcake card for you. I die-cut the large polaroid-style frame from white cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating image from Fabulous Frames using Raspberry Fizz ink. One of my favorite features of this particular frame is that you can customize the polka dots if you wish and add pops of color with a coordinating dot stamp included in the set. I did so here using Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse and Hawaiian Shores inks.
I die-cut the different parts of the cupcake using the Cupcake Collection dies. The bottom is die-cut from Harvest Gold cardstock and stamped with Summer Sunrise ink. The top is die-cut from Aqua Mist cardstock and stamped with Hawaiian Shores ink. I used the Super Stars Border die to cut three tiny stars from various cardstock scraps. I added the candle using Simply Chartreuse & Orange Zest inks.
I die-cut the Fabulous Frame from Simply Chartreuse cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating chevron patterned frame using Simply Chartreuse ink. I added Pure Poppy cardstock behind the frame. It is stamped with a sentiment from Signature Greetings II and heat embossed with White Filigree embossing powder. I added a bit of Royal Velvet stitched ribbon behind the frame and finished the top with some coordinating buttons.
For the background, I used The Sweet Life again, only utilizing one layer of the rose trio stamped in Pure Poppy. I added the leaves in Simply Chartreuse. As a final touch to complete the color scheme, I stamped the small berry trio from Harvest Berries in Royal Velvet. As a last touch, I impressed the background with the Woodgrain Impression Plate.
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Have these great basics we've introduced to you today, already made their way onto your wish list? Are you super excited about one product or another? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, July 15, 2012 to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our July Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
JUST BECAUSE CARD
- STAMPS: Fabulous Frames, Signature Greetings II, The Sweet Life (available July 15th)
- INK: Winter Wisteria, Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Fresh Snow, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Fabulous Frames dies, The Sweet Life dies, pearl-head pins (Dritz)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
SEA & SAND LAYOUT
- STAMPS: Fabulous Frames (available July 15th) Get to the Point, Desktop File: Inspiration
- INK: Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Summer Sunrise Pattern Pack (polka dot)
- OTHER: Fabulous Frames dies, Modern Alphabet dies, Get to the Point dies, Desktop File Card die, 1-1/8" circle punch (EK Success), corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
- FINISHED SIZE: 8-1/2" x 11"
MAKE A WISH CARD
- STAMPS: Fabulous Frames (available July 15th) Cupcake Collection
- INK: Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores
- OTHER: Fabulous Frames dies, Cupcake Collection dies, Super Stars Border die (tiny stars
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
SO SORRY CARD
- STAMPS: Fabulous Frames, Signature Greetings II, The Sweet Life (available July 15th) Harvest Berries
- INK: Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Royal Velvet, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Royal Velvet
- OTHER: Fabulous Frames dies, Woodgrain Impression Plate, White Filigree Impression Plate, Royal Velvet buttons, Royal Velvet stitched ribbon
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"