With summer fast approaching, thoughts of spending time outdoors comes to mind. What's better than a Saturday morning trip to the farmer's market for fresh berries, or perhaps even a trip to the strawberry patch to pick your own?
Michelle Wooderson always comes up with the most amazing ideas for stamp concepts, and what we are about to introduce to you today is no exception. Michelle & I have teamed up once again to bring one of her best concepts yet to life.
Strawberry Patch is a set full of strawberry images is full of possibilities! You can create a large focal point with the main image, which allows you the option to color or stamp with color. You can also die-cut separate berries, leaves or flowers to layer onto the image if you want to add definition to any portion of the image. In addition, all the bits and pieces can also be used to create your own arrangement of berries so you can have something appropriate for any project. There are patches of vintage fabric that can be used as is or in conjunction with the Perfect Patches dies for even more options.
- Strawberry Patch will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Strawberry Patch contains a total of 31 images. The large assembled strawberry focal point measures 3" x 3". The largest individual strawberry measures 1" x 1-1/4". The smallest individual strawberry measures 1/2" x 3/4". The largest individual leaf measures 1" x 1". The smallest individual leaf measures 3/4" x 3/4". The largest individual flower measures 1/2" in diameter. The rectangular patches measure 1-5/8" x 1-1/8".
- The coordinating Strawberry Patch die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $8. This collection includes a total of 4 dies.
- The coordinating Perfect Patches die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $5. This collection includes a total of 2 dies.
Strawberry Patch Sentiments is a versatile sentiment set designed to coordinate with our Strawberry Patch stamp set, however it is flexible enough to be used with a variety of other images as well. There are large script words can be combined with various phrases included to create the perfect sentiment that is both meaningful and stylish. Here is a list of sentiments that can be created with the set:
1. sending SWEET birthday wishes.
2. hope your special day is SWEET.
3. you make life so SWEET.
4. you've been so SWEET.
5. SWEET as can be.
6. SWEET on you.
7. have a SWEET day.
8. so BERRY glad we're friends.
9. wishing you the BERRY best.
10. I like you BERRY much.
11. I love you BERRY much.
12. thank you BERRY much.
13. have a BERRY sweet day.
14. sending you BERRY sweet birthday wishes.
15. BERRY sweet on you..
16. hope your special day is BERRY sweet.
17. you make life so BERRY sweet.
18. you've been so BERRY sweet.
19. hope you get patched up BERRY soon
20. hope you feel better BERRY soon.
21. BERRY happy for you.
- Strawberry Patch Sentiments will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Strawberry Patch Sentiments contains a total of 32 images. The large script "sweet" measures 2-1/4" x 1". The large script "berry" measures 2-1/8" x 1". The small script "berry" measures 1-1/8" x 1/2". The "you've been so" sentiment measures 1-3/8" x 1/4". The "hope your special day is" sentiment measures 2-1/4" x 1/4".
The Berry Basket Die will fit within a half sheet of card stock. You will need to cut 4 of these to create nearly a life-size berry basket (measuring 5" square and 3" high)! It's so fun and only uses two sheets of card stock! The large bottom tabs can be interlaced, like you would do when keeping a moving box closed. Just imagine ribbon woven through the basket sides, unique handles on the basket, and more!
- The Berry Basket Die will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $21.
- The Berry Basket Die measures approximately 5 3/8" x 5 3/8". It creates a basket that measures 5" square and 3" deep.
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
I decided to create a sweet little ensemble that is perfect for bringing a little cheer into someone's day with a pot of flowers. The new Berry Basket die makes such an impressively sized container, you can fill it with so many different options.
For the card, I started with a Classic Kraft card base and trimmed a mat layer for the front from the same cardstock. I stamped the block with Background Basics: Postmarks using Fresh Snow ink, followed by some direct to paper around the edges.
As I mentioned earlier, Strawberry Patch is SO versatile because of all the strawberry stamping options it offers. You can stamp just outlines, just solid images or combine the two for an additional "no coloring" option".
For the focal point, I opted to start by die-cutting the Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle from Vintage Cream cardstock. Now for the strawberry portion, I decided to use just the solid stamps. I designed small details into the solid stamps so they have lots of character and style. The leaves were stamped in Spring Moss and the berries in Melon Berry. I also layered on the sentiment with Classic Kraft ink.
I couldn't resist adding one of the new little Perfect Patches to my card as well. I die-cut the top rectangle from Vintage Cream and stamped it with one of the vintage pattern patches from Strawberry Patch using Melon Berry ink. I then utilized the holes in the die-cut to add some pretty whipstitching using button twine. Love the way this looks and how easy it is to do! It doesn't even require a needle! I layered the patch on top of the the pinked rectangles cut from Spring Moss cardstock.
I decided to create a little plant pick to go into my pot of flowers. I started with the Sending You die, cut from Vintage Cream cardstock. I then followed it up with the same images and colors as used on the focal point of the card.
The Berry Basket itself was die-cut from Spring Moss cardstock. It is important to note that it only takes two sheets of cardstock to make this larger-scaled box! That means it costs mere pennies to create! I added a handle to mine with an 11" strip of Spring Moss cardstock. At either end of the handle, the button twine goes through the button, through the handle and then through one of the square openings of the basket. The twine then comes back around a second square opening, back through the handle and through the button. By doing this, the handle is securely in place after the button twine is tied tightly.
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
(please note, Ashley's server is having a few issues today and this link may possibly be problematic for some people. She is currently working with them to try to have the problem remedied as soon as possible.)
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Have these projects gotten your creative juices flowing?! We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, April 13 to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our April Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see a fun little project from Michelle Wooderson.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
- STAMPS: Strawberry Patch, Strawberry Patch Sentiments, Background Basics: Postmarks (available April 15th)
- INK: Melon Berry, Spring Moss, Classic Kraft, Fresh Snow, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Strawberry Patch dies, Perfect Patches dies, Berry Basket die, Sending You die, Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle die, Vintage Cream buttons, Rustic Jute Button Twine
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (card), 5" wide x 3" deep + handle (basket)