Bithdays and invitations just seem to go hand-in-hand, don't they? Today's post explores both of those in a fresh way.
I am so happy to introduce our new Card Base-ics dies! Card Base-ics dies are designed to allow you to create A2 postcards, complete with tabs to insert a second layer. The layer you add beneath the edges of the tabs can vary in shape & size, but they were designed around an insert measuring approximately 2.5" x 3.5". The Card Base-ics can also be adhered to the interior of a card as a fun design element. The creative possibilities with these are numerous!
- Card Base-ics #1 and Card Base-ics #2 will be available for sale on March 15th.
- They will retail for $14 each.
- Each one measures 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".
I have two new stamp sets to introduce today. The first is 2012 Birthday Tags. This is a wonderfully eclectic mix of embellishments for all your birthday boxes & bags and so much more. All of the circular images coordinate perfectly with a 1-3/4" standard circle punch and our Limitless Layers 1-3/4" Circle Collection. All of the oval images coordinate perfectly with our Limitless Layers 2-1/4" Oval Collection. This product coordination allows you to easily mass produce dozens of tags at a time! Don't let the name fool you, though! These images don't have to be used for just tags - they also make fabulous focal points for cards, and so much more! These tags will work well for a variety of recipients, allowing this set to be one you can turn to no matter whose birthday you are paper crafting for!
- 2012 Birthday Tags will be available for sale on March 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- All of the circular rag images measure about 1-5/8" in diameter. All of the oval tag images measure about 2-1/8" x 1-1/2".
The second set I'd like to introduce today is a mini set called By Invitation. It's a set that has been missing from our lineup, and we have received numerous requests for it. It allows you to create your very own, personalized invitations for any occasion. With several different font choices for the "You're Invited to:" portion, you can create something to suit any style of event. The size and scale of the main invitation block works well with our Card Base-ics dies.
- By Invitation will be available for sale on March 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- The "Where/When/RSVP" block measures 1-3/4" x 2-1/8". The child-print "You're Invited to:" measures 1-5/8" x 1/4". The block print "You're Invited to:" measures 1-7/8" x 1/8".
Here's a look at some of the fun I've had with these fun new products.
I thought I would start with a fun party ensemble that includes invitations, favor bags and place cards.
For the invitation, I die-cut the Card Base-ice #2 die from white cardstock. I then stamped it with various images from the previously released Wildflower Garden in Blueberry Sky ink. I then embossed it with our Woodgrain Impression Plate. I cut a separate block of white cardstock measuring 3-1/2" x 2-3/4". I stamped the main block of By Invitation with Charcoal Palette ink. I then added the "You're invited to" at the top of the block in Blueberry Sky. I accented the top tab of the card base with a few Blueberry Sky buttons that are strung together with white twine.
I created a band for the invitation with a strip of Blueberry Sky cardstock. I accented the band with white oval stamped with one of my favorite tags from the 2012 Birthday Tags stamp set in Charcoal Palette ink.
The favor bag was created with the popular Front & Center #2 die. I die-cut two pieces of Blueberry Sky cardstock with it. The front was stamped with Polka Dot Basics using Fresh snow ink. The two pieces were adhered to the front and back of a white lunch bag that has been trimmed down to 5-1/4".
The front focal point for the bag was create with a Mega Mat Stack die-cut, turned on t's side with one end trimmed off. This piece was stamped with Wildflower Garden in Blueberry Sky as well along with the same focal point using the tag image from 2012 Birthday Tags.
While experimenting I found another fun use for the new Card Base-ics dies. If scored in half and folded, they work well with the Place Card die to create custom place cards. Here I stamped the white card with Wildflower Garden again in Blueberry Sky. I then die-cut the Place Card die from white cardstock and added the coordinating frame from Places, Please in Charcoal Palette ink. I added a small button in the circular portion at the top of the frame. Simple Alphabet was used to add the name.
This next project is bold and bright for spring & summer birthdays! This also showcases how you can use the Card Base-ics dies to create amazing little gift card holders. I die-cut the Card Base-ics #1 die from Simply Chartreuse cardstock and stamped the outlined peony from Pretty Peonies in New Leaf all over it.
I wrapped Orange Zest Twill around the card base and looped and layered it at the center front. I die-cut Harvest Gold cardstock with a Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval die and stamped it with another of the tags from 2012 Birthday Tags using Orange Zest ink. This was adhered on top of the ribbon.
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon-Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all of the teams' creations today. I certainly enjoyed working with these fun new sets. All of them definitely have more versatility than initially meets the eye! We would love to hear your initial thoughts on the new products we introduced today. Take a moment to share them with us today and have a chance at winning this amazing prize package!
- 2012 Birthday Tags Stamp set
- By Invitation Stamp set
- Card Base-ics #1 die
- Card Base-ics #2 die
- Limitless Layers 1-3/4" Circle die collection
- Limitless Layers 2-1/4" Oval die collection
You have until 7am EST, Wednesday, March 14th to add your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our March Release Winners page no later than noon the same day. Thanks for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Melissa Bickford is sharing more with Back Pocket Basics, World's Greatest and Heart-to-Heart #2.
Lizzie Jones is showcasing her new On the Links and Background Basics: Wrought Iron sets.
BLUE & WHITE PARTY ENSEMBLE
- STAMPS: 2012 Birthday Tags, By Invitation (available March 15th) Wildflower Garden, Polka Dot Basics, Places Please
- INK: Blueberry Sky, Charcoal Palette, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Blueberry Sky
- OTHER: Front & Center #2 die, Mega Mat Stack 1 die, Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval dies, Card Base-ics #2 die, Woodgrain Impression Plate, white lunch bag, Place Card die
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (invitation), 7" x 5-3/4" (bag), 4-1/4" x 2-3/4" (place card)
BIRTHDAY GIFT CARD HOLDER
- STAMPS: 2012 Birthday Tags (available March 15th), Pretty Peonies, Turning a New Leaf, Flower Fusion #7
- INK: Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Simply Chartreuse
- PAPER: Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, Rustic White
- OTHER: Card Base-ics #1 die, Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval dies, Orange Zest Twill, black pen (American Crafts)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/2" x 5-3/4"