Welcome to Day 10 of our anniversary celebration! We've really been shaking things up around here, and today is no exception. We have got one spectacular lineup today to cap off our Anniversary festivities, so let's get right to it!
I've long been fond of interactive paper crafts, and I'm thrilled to be able to add the Movers & Shakers series to our Papertrey Ink lineup. Now everyone is going to be able to create fun interactive cards that will really make the recipient stand up and take notice. It's an easy way to take your papercrafting to a whole new level!
- Movers & Shakers: Poppers will be available for sale on February 15th.
- They will retail for $16.
- Movers & Shakers: Poppers contains three dies. The Spiral die measures 2-1/2" across. The Pop Up die measures 2-3/8" wide and just over 3" high. The Happy die 4-13/16" wide and 1-15/16" high.
Movers & Shakers: Sliders are a great, innovative way to create an unique looking card. Designed to work together, A&B create a more horizontally oriented sliding mechanism, and C&D create a more vertically oriented one.
- Movers & Shakers: Sliders will be available for sale on February 15th.
- They will retail for $26.
- There are four dies in this set. A measures just over 3-3/4" wide by just over 2-3/4" high. B measures 3-3/16" wide and 3-1/8" high. A & B work together. C measures 2-1/4" wide by 4-1/4" high. D measures 2-7/8" wide by 3-3/4" high. C & D work together.
Spinner cards have been around for a while, but we've come up with a way to make them quick and easy! Moving your boat along the ocean or having your Tag It image spin along is going to be a breeze with these dies.
- Movers & Shakers: Spinners will be available for sale on February 15th.
- It will retail for $6.
- The die collection contains three dies. The straight slot measures 4-5/8" wide x 1/2" high. The wavy slot measures 4-5/8" wide x 1/2" high. The discs measure 1-7/8" wide x 1-3/8" high.
Have you noticed the fun trend of Zippers in papercrafting lately? These two dies are going to enable you to capture that easily - and will make the person receiving your card wonder how in the world you accomplished that!
- Movers & Shakers: Zippers will be available for sale on February 15th.
- It will retail for $14.
- Zippers A measures 4" wide x 2-3/4" high. Zippers B measures 2-3/4" wide x 4" high.
Movers & Shakers Sentiments stamp set is a perfect compliment to our new line of Movers & Shakers dies. You will love how the two-part sentiments allow you to add a little extra surprise to the interactive elements you can now create with ease. The arrows and small instructional phrases will help lead your recipient to get even more enjoyment from these types of creative projects!
- Movers & Shakers Sentiments will be available for sale on February 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- The set comes divided between two 4x6 acetate sheets. The 'Beyond the clouds...' sentiment block measures 1-5/8" x 1-3/8". The 'Every Single Day' sentiment measures 1-3/8" x 1-5/8". The word 'surprise' measures 1-3/4" x 3/4". The 'Celebrating your birthday' sentiment measures 2-1/4" x 7/8". The numbers measure 1/8" x 1/4" each. The small arrows meaures 1/4" x 1/2".
The Simply You stamp set is a perfect complement to our new line of Movers & Shakers dies for creating interactive cards, but versatile enough for dozens of other uses as well. You will love how the two-part sentiments allow you to add a little extra surprise to the interactive elements you can now create with ease. Not to mention how the style of the sentiments over all can add so much to any type of project.
- Simply You will be available for sale on February 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- This set comes on a single 4x6 acetate sheet. The bold script 'You' measures 2-1/8" x 1". The flourished small script 'You' measures 1-1/2" x 1-1/4". The bold text 'You' with the circular label "o" meausre 2-1/4" x 5/8". The 'are my moon, my stars...' sentiment measures 2-1/8" x 1/8".
Now that I've gone over all the details, I would love to share what fun myself along with the rest of the team have had with these.
I have put together a short video tutorial to show you how this die collection works and how to best achieve the easy assembly.
And here are some project examples using the new Movers & Shakers: Zippers die collection.
I pulled out Blooming Button Bits to create a focal point. I stamped the leaf image onto Simply Chartreuse cardstock using Pinefeather ink and cut it out with scissors. I then stamped the flowers, once on Summer Sunrise cardstock with Orange Zest ink, once on Terracotta Tile cardstock with VersaMark and once on Canyon Clay cardstock with Terracotta Tile ink. The flowers were also trimmed out with scissors. I stitched Canyon Clay buttons to the centers of all three flowers with dark brown embroidery floss.
Here are a few things that Betsy & Lisa created using these dies as well.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman and her use of the Movers & Shakers: Zippers dies.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lisa Johnson and her use of the Movers & Shakers: Zippers dies.
Here is another tutorial, this time to show you how the Movers & Shakers: Spinners die collection works.
And here are some project examples using the new Movers & Shakers: Spinners die collection.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders and her use of the Movers & Shakers: Spinners dies.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty and her use of the Movers & Shakers: Spinners dies.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols and her use of the Movers & Shakers: Spinners dies.
Another video for you, this one covering the Movers & Shakers: Sliders dies.
And here are some project examples using the new Movers & Shakers: Sliders die collection.
I decided to turn the slider mechanism on its side for my project using these dies. To begin, I die-cut the top layer from Raspberry Fizz cardstock and the pull-out tag layer from Rustic Cream. The top Raspberry Fizz layer was stamped with Mega Mehndi Medallion using Raspberry Fizz ink.
I die-cut the focal sentiment (from Movers & Shakers Sentiments) using the Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval die collection. This was stamped onto the Rustic Cream cardstock using Orange Zest ink. I then stamped the sentiment a second time onto scrap cardstock and trimmed out just the "amazing" and "extraordinary" and adhered them to appropriate areas on the original. It was matted in Orange Zest. A strip of Terracotta Tile Satin Ribbon was added underneath the oval. It is important to note that just the left side of the oval is adhered to the slider door. The right side needed to remain loose so that the slider mechanism would work correctly. As a finishing touch, I added one of the small butterflies from Beautiful Butterflies, stamped in Orange Zest ink on Summer Sunrise cardstock, adorned with a few pink rhinestones.
When it is pulled all the way open, the interior sentiment is fully revealed. Note how the extra tab at the end of the tag-pull out adhered to the end of the door mechanism keep the tag from pulling all the way out.
The background was created with A Little Argyle stamped onto Terracotta Tile cardstock stamped with VersaMark ink. I used a gold paint pen to add small dots between the diamonds and to edge the mat layer. All of this is adhered to an Orange Zest card base.
Here are a few things that Melissa & Erin created using these dies.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips and her use of the Movers & Shakers: Sliders dies.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln and her use of the Movers & Shakers: Sliders dies.
One last video showcasing the Movers & Shakers: Poppers die collection.
And here are some project examples using the new Movers & Shakers: Poppers die collection.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles and her use of the Movers & Shakers: Poppers dies.
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell and her use of the Movers & Shakers: Poppers dies.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey and her use of the Movers & Shakers: Poppers dies.
Thank you for joining us today. I hope that you have enjoyed the projects that the team and I have presented to you today. We have all had SO much fun working with these and we know that you will love the opportunity to play with them as well. We would like to offer you the opportunity to win all of this and more! Here's how!
Today's post has been such fun to introduce! We are loving how easy this makes creating this fun kind of card, and we know you will love them, too! So, in the spirit of today's introduction, we want to challenge you to create an interactive card! Just show us a spinner, pop up, or some other fun interactive card. We can't wait to see what you share!
2. Your project must use at least one Papertrey project.
3. Upload a photo of your project to your blog, online gallery or any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
4. Add the direct link to your project on our InLinkz list :::::>HERE<:::::
5. You may create as many projects as you like for the challenge, but each project should have a separate link.
6. And/or you can leave a comment here to be eligible to win. Let us know what you think about all of our new interactive products! Only one comment per person please. (Just click the small "comments" link in blue beside the date in the footer of this post. If you are reading this as an email subscription, be sure to click through to the actual blog to leave an eligible comment)
7. You have until 7am EST, Wednesday, February 15th to add your project link or comment and qualify for the contest.
- Movers & Shakers Sentiments stamp set
- Simply You stamp set
- Movers & Shakers: Poppers die collection
- Movers & Shakers: Sliders die collection
- Movers & Shakers: Spinners die collection
- Movers & Shakers: Zippers die collection
- A $500 gift certificate to Papertrey Ink in honor of our 5th Anniversary!
Thank you so much for joining us today for the festivities! We look forward to seeing you back here again tomorrow! Best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
CLICK HERE to see more from Tiffany Pastor.
- STAMPS: Movers & Shakers Sentiments (available February 15th) Blooming Button Bits, Faux Ribbon
- INK: Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile, Pinefeather, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, Ocean Tides
- OTHER: Movers & Shakers: Zippers die collection, Woodgrain Impression Plate, Canyon Clay Buttons, embroidery floss (DMC)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
ALL THESE THINGS AND MORE CARD
- STAMPS: Movers & Shakers Sentiments, Beautiful Butterflies (available February 15th) Mega Mehndi Medallion, A Little Argyle
- INK: Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, True Black, VersaMark
- PAPER: Rustic Cream, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile
- OTHER: Movers & Shakers: Sliders die collection, Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval dies, Terracotta Tile Satin Ribbon, rhinestones (KaiserCraft), gold pen (Marvy)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"