There is something so beautiful, so inspiring about emroidered patterns.
The detail of them, imagining how long it took someone to complete it.
The delicacy of it.
The new Stitches & Swirls stamp set captures the beauty of this art form. Use these floral & swirl patterns to create backgrounds, focal points and so much more. The detail these images will add to projects will surely leave a memorable impression.
- Stitches & Swirls will be available for sale on November 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Stitches & Swirls contains a total of 18 stitched pattern stamps. The largest floral cluster measures 4" x 3". The single looped daisy image measures 1" in diameter. The smallest daisy & leaf cluster measures 2-1/4" x 1".
I am also introducing another set today, a little something designed by Dawn McVey. She has put together an amazing set of sentiments that is truly unique. Glory Be is a sentiment set filled with mix and match sentiments including a variety of "Granny chic" phrases (think, things an adorable little granny might say) as well as a wide assortment of everyday sentiments.
- Glory Be will be available for sale on November 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Glory Be contains a total of 23 sentiments (11 large sentiment catch phrases and 12 smaller supporting sentiments)
- "Mercy Me" measures 1-1/4" x 5-8". "Oh, my Lordy Bees" measures 1-3/4" x 1/2". "I'm Sorry I Missed Your Birthday" measures 1/8" x 2-1/8". "Can You Forgive Me?" measures 1/8" x 1-3/4".
I also have one more new die to introduce to you today. After many customer requests, we have designed a Pinking Shears Border die. This die gives you the same effect as pinking shears, but the ease of a straight edge every time. The 8-1/2" length will make it easy to create strips to accommodate any sized project.
- The Pinking Shears Border die will be available for sale on November 15th.
- It will retail for $6
- The Pinking Shears Border die measures 8-1/2" long and 3/4" wide (however the actual pinking cutting edge is 1/8" wide).
Now let me share a few of my creations using Stitches & Swirls and Glory Be!
I used several of the single pieces from the set to build a pattern around the sentiment in the center. The largest flowers were stamped in Raspberry Fizz, the smaller flowers in Elegant Eggplant (SU!) and the leaves in Simply Chartreuse. I then went back in with a q-tip and sponged color onto the appropriate areas using soft circular motions. I thought it looked better and more "artistic" if I went outside of the lines a bit.
The sentiments from Glory Be were stamped onto a strip of Pure Poppy and heat embossed as well. I then stamped the strip with Background Basics: Gingham with VersaMark ink. I matted it with a strip of Enchanted Evening cardstock that has been cut on one side with the Pinking Shears Border die. Three Pure Poppy buttons were adhered to the end of the sentiment strip.
Three Pure Poppy buttons were adhered to the end of the sentiment strip, each threaded with white floss.
Now a little something that showcases how you can use your Copics with Stitches & Swirls. The stitches for each of these images are close enough together that you can easily fill in any of the areas with markers.
I stamped these flower clusters with Noir Palette ink and colored the leaves with my Ripe Avocado Copic Trio. I sponged the flowers with Fresh Snow ink and then added yellow flocking to the flower centers using a 2-way glue pen.
The sentiment block was created with the notepaper lines from Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger stamped in Summer Sunrise. The "Oh My Lordy Bees" sentiment from Glory Be was stamped in Simply Chartreuse and the companion sentiment in True Black. I added a strip of Summer Sunrise Swiss Dots Ribbon underneath it and stitched it in place with a bit of embroidery floss.
CLICK HERE to read more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all of the projects that myself & the rest of the team have created for you today. Both sets are truly unique and such a joy to work with. We would love to hear your thoughts on both Stitches & Swirls and Glory Be and the projects shared today. Is there something in particular that has caught your eye? What do you see yourself getting the most use from? Take a moment to share your initial thoughts with us and you could have a chance at winning big!
- Stitches & Swirls stamp set
- Glory Be stamp set
- Pinking Shears Border die
- Quilter's Sampler stamp set
- Button Boutique stamp set
- Button Card die collection
- Buttoned Up #1 die
- Buttoned Up #2 die
You have until 11:20pm EST, Monday, November 14th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our November 2011 Release Winners page no later than midnight EST tonight. Thank you for joining us today and best of luck with the contest!
Maile Belles is sharing amazing projects created with Background Basics: Circles.
Melissa Bickford is showcasing Flower Fusion #10 & Think Big Favorites #10.
Beth Silaika is featuring her latest set, Willow.
Dawn McVey is focusing on her new sentiment set, Glory Be.
Designer Note: Heather Nichols has had an unexpected death in the family and has had to leave home to attend to the responsibilities that come along with that so will no longer be posting projects for the November Countdown. We send her and her entire family our deepest sympathy.
GOOD HEAVENS CARD
- STAMPS: Stitches & Swirls, Glory Be (available November 15th)
- INK: True Black, Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse, Tea Dye Duo, Elegant Eggplant (SU!)
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: paper piercer, corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers), q-tips
- FINISHED SIZE: 5-1/2" x 5-1/2"
GOODNESS GRACIOUS CARD
- STAMPS: Stitches & Swirls, Glory Be (available November 15th) Background Basics: Text Style, Background Basics: Gingham
- INK: Fresh Snow, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy
- OTHER: Pinking Shears Border die, Filigree White Embossing Powder, Pure Poppy buttons, Crochet Thread
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
OH MY LORDY BEES CARD
- STAMPS: Stitches & Swirls, Glory Be (available November 15th) Mini Scrapbooking Series: Library Ledger
- INK: Fresh Snow, True Black, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold
- OTHER: Ripe Avocado Copic Trio, Summer Sunrise Swiss Dot Ribbon, green embroidery floss, yellow flock (Doodlebug Designs)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"