There is something about the front door of a home that seems to tell a story...
Their sense of style...
Their favorite seasons...
The holidays they celebrate.
Door to Door pays tribute to the beautiful architecture and welcoming nature of front doors and entryways. A variety of decor options make this set versatile and something that can be used for a variety of seasons and themes. There is even a banner that can be added above the door and an amazing array of coordinating sentiments that can be added to it for even more design options.
- Door to Door will be available for sale on November 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Door to Door includes a total of 40 stamps (1 large door, 1 narrow door, 1 set of stairs, 1 columned entryway, 1 porch roof, 1 door handle, 1 set of door hinges, 1 over-the-door banner, 19 sentiments for banner, 1 wreath, 1 evergreen door swag, 1 urn, 1 flower pot, 8 urn/pot toppers, and 1 pumpkin cluster)
- The large door measures 1" x 2". The smaller door measures 3/4" x 2". The stairs measure 2-3/4" x 1-1/2". The columned door frame measures 2-1/2" x 3". the porch roof measures 3" x 1-1/2". The urn measures 1/2" x 3/4". The wreath measures 5/8" in diameter. The banner measures 1-3/4" x 1/2". The sentiments measures on average 3/4" x 1/8".
Here is a list of the sentiments included in Door to Door to customize the over-the-door banner:
- Just Married
- Thankful For You
- Happy Holidays
- Happy Birthday,
- Welcome Home
- I Missed You!
- Happy Easter
- Happy Anniversary
- We've Moved
- Thank You
- HAppy Fall
- It's a Party
- It's a Boy
- It's a Girl
- We Missed You!
- Trick or Treat
- Hats off to the Grad!
- You're Invited
As mentioned above, there are two door sizes. One door is larger and wider and it is intended to be used alone with coordinating Door to Door die B. The smaller more narrow door in the set was designed to be doubled up and used with coordinating Door to Door die A.
- The Door to Door Die Collection will be available for sale on November 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- The Door to Door Die Collection contains a total of two door dies that only cut three sides of a door, allowing it to remaining hinged at the edge and open and close. The sizes of the dies are: 1-3/4" x 2-1/8" (A), 1-1/8" x 2-1/8" (B)
A second die collection was also designed for this set to make it easy to piece together and cut-out all of the decorating accessories in the set so you can layer to your heart's content without hardly any effort. One fun feature I thought I would mention is that each of the "toppers" for the urn and flower pot have a tap at the bottom to be adhered to the back of the urn or flower pot. It makes it so easy to adhere the two together.
- The Door to Door Accessories Die Collection will be available for sale on November 15th.
- It will retail for $8.
- The Door to Door Accessories Die Collection contains a total of four dies. One for the over-the-door banner, one for all the urn/pot toppers, one the cuts two urns and two pots at a time and one that cuts the topiary topper, pumpkins, wreath and swag in one crank.
- An important design note: you may notice the red dots shown on the graphic up. These show tiny pin holes that were drilled through the steel of each die, so tiny they won't transfer anything to your paper. Each of the "topper" shapes was labeled with a dot numbering system and the coordinating number of dots is displayed under each image on the free index labels you receive with your stamp set for storage. Since the toppers are slightly abstract and difficult to identify, this dot index system will make it so easy to use the correct coordinating shape with your stamp.
Now let me share two of my creations using Door to Door!
My first project celebrates the arrival of a new baby! There are sentiments for both a boy or girl for the banner, making the concept twice as fun and versatile! I started by creating a Kraft card base with a few angled cuts at the top to form a simple "house" shaped card. I stamped it with Stitches & Swirls using Fresh Snow ink to add a bit of visual interest to the background. I then stamped Lavender Moon cardstock with Background Basics: Gingham using Hibiscus Burst ink and die-cut it with the Small Scalloped Border die.
I trimmed out the columned door frame and colored it with shades of Spring Moss & Lavender Moon Copic Trios and a bit of a T1 Copic Marker detail around the windows. I die-cut two urns and two tulip toppers from white cardstock and colored them in with Copics as well. They are perfectly paired to help frame each side of the door. I also stamped the dog from Tiny Treats: Valentine, cut him out by hand and added him to the mix. He is just the right size to keep watch over the front porch!
The interior features a sentiment from Inside & Out: Baby. I repeated the same scalloped trim from the cover along the bottom of the sentiment block. I also added a bit more of the Stitches & Swirls patterns.
I die-cut a heart from the center upper cover of the card. A second heart, cut from leftover Lavender Moon gingham-stamped cardstock, was adhered in-line with the heart shaped hole onto the interior of the card. The heart is finished with a Lavender Moon button and a bit of white embroidery floss.
This next card is a completely different style, something with a bit of a folk-art feel. I started by trimming down some vintage book print into the shape of a house and adhering it to a Smokey Shadow card base. I then trimmed around the book print leaving a bit of a Smokey Shadow border.
I die-cut the door from a block of Pure Poppy cardstock. Then adhered it to a plain block of white cardstock that was trimmed down to be the same size as the door layer. This photo shows you how the die only cuts on three sides, leaving the forth side intact as a "hinge" so the door can open and close.
I rolled up a piece of typing paper and tied it with Pure Poppy Baker's Twine to create my own little diploma. It is adhered to the steps (stamped on Soft Stone cardstock) with a small glue dot.
The banner was die-cut from True Black cardstock and stamped with the coordinating images in Fresh Snow ink. I also used several vintage buttons to outline the eaves and stitched in place with black floss.
CLICK HERE to read more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all of the projects that myself & the rest of the team have created for you today. This new stamp set is really unique and so incredibly fun to use. It almost gives you as much pleasure as decorating your home in real life, only with these materials you can do it with paper and not break a sweat! We would love to hear your thoughts on Door to Door and the projects shared today. Is there something in particular that has caught your eye? What do you see yourself getting the most use from? Take a moment to share your initial thoughts with us and you could have a chance at winning big!
- Door to Door stamp set
- Door to Door die collection
- Door to Door Accessories die collection
- Chair-ished stamp set
- Chair-ished die collection
- Home Made stamp set
- Boards & Beams stamp set
You have until 7am EST, Monday, November 14th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our November 2011 Release Winners page no later than noon EST the same day. Thank you for joining us today and best of luck with the contest!
Maile Belles is sharing amazing projects created with Background Basics: Circles.
Melissa Bickford is showcasing Flower Fusion #10 & Think Big Favorites #10.
Beth Silaika is featuring her latest set, Willow.
Dawn McVey is focusing on her new sentiment set, Glory Be.
Designer Note: Heather Nichols has had an unexpected death in the family and has had to leave home to attend to the responsibilities that come along with that so will no longer be posting projects for the November Countdown. We send her and her entire family our deepest sympathy.
IT'S A BABY GIRL CARD
- STAMPS: Door to Door, Stitches & Swirls (available November 15th) Tiny Treats: Valentine, Background Basics: Gingham, Inside & Out: Baby
- INK: Fresh Snow, Hibiscus Burst, Noir Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Lavender Moon, Spring Moss, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Door to Door Accessories dies, Heart Prints die, Small Scalloped Border die, Spring Moss, Lavender Moon, Dark Chocolate & Smokey Shadow Copic Trios, Lavender Moon button, white embroidery floss (DMC)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
HATS OFF TO THE GRAD CARD
- STAMPS: Door to Door (available November 15th) Daydreamer, Love Lives Here
- INK: Fresh Snow, True Black, Pure Poppy
- PAPER: Soft Stone, Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow, Stamper's Select White, vintage book print from old book
- OTHER: Door to Door die, Door to Door Accessories dies, T1 Copic Marker, Pure Poppy Baker's Twine, Cream & White Buttons, black embroidery floss,
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"