Many of you know that we recently moved into our new home...and we are still in the process of moving OUT of the old one! A few months ago while sorting & packing I stumbled upon my old Brownie Scout badges from elementary school days. I took a close look at them, reminiscing how each one was earned, when it occurred to me how few triangular motifs there have been in the paper crafting industry. I have seen triangles becoming a new trend in other areas of the design world and I felt inspired to dive in myself.
Triangles have always been an integral part of quilting...
they are popping up more & more in graphic design, textiles, fashion and home decor...
triangles have always been a part of art and tessellations...
Triangles are overall just a fun new shape to play with and make things fresh & new!
My new stamp set, Tranquility Trilogy, embraces triangles in a beautifully creative way that I think will appeal to many of you. It contains a collection of seven triangular images that will coordinate perfectly with the dies shown above. The stamps can work as unique tags, focal points, background builders and so much more! And I can't forget to mention there a few sentiments as well that will fit perfectly within the triangles too.
- Tranquility Trilogy will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Tranquility Trilogy contains a total of 13 images (6 patterned triangle images, 1 triangle frame6 sentiments)
- A coordinating die set will be available for sale separately, retailing for $4. It includes two equilateral triangles, one large and one small, with the smallest coordinating with the images in the stamp set and the largest serving as a mat layer. The large triangle measures 2" x 1-3/4". The small triangle measures 1-3/4" x 1-1/2".
I have also designed a die for a triangular pyramid style favor box that coordinates PERFECTLY with the triangular images in Tranquility Trilogy. You will love how easy this is to put together along with the unique shape!
- The Favor It Box 5 die will be available for sale on July 15th.
- It will retail for $20.
- The Favor It Box 5 die measures 5-3/4" x 8" and the completed box measures approximately 2-3/8" wide and 1-3/4" tall.
Now, let's get onto some fun projects using these two new sets!
I die-cut Fillable Frames #1 from Spring Moss cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating frame using VersaMark ink. The smallest triangle from the Two Triangles die set was cut from Melon Berry cardstock and stamped with this beautiful frame/wreath image from Tranquility Trilogy and heat embossed with White Filigree Embossing Powder. The Fresh Alphabet is a perfect fit for the center of the wreath so you can create custom monograming. A small strip of white cardstock was added, stamped with "Enjoy" from Peaceful Garden using Smokey Shadow ink.
Now, you may be wondering about that pretty little flower accent...believe it or not, it was actually created with the new Leafy Vine Border die. I die-cut the border from an 8-1/2" strip of Melon Berry cardstock and cut the leaves off of one side.
Here is the completed flower added to the top of the gift box. I hand-cut a few small leaves from Simply Chartreuse felt to help anchor the embellishment. A bit of knotted 1/4" silk ribbon was threaded through the top point of the box as well.
The flower is actually part of the same triangular image I used on the background. I simply stamped the motif in Pure Poppy ink onto a scrap of Vintage Cream cardstock and cut it out with scissors. I stamped the triangle again onto Harvest Gold cardstock with Summer Sunrise ink and cut out just the center. The pieces layered beautifully for the focal point and coordinate well with the background since it is the same image.
The sentiment is from Little Labels, stamped in True Black and the flourished bracket is from Half & Half. I used a black pen to add a few lines for sentiment definition.
I die-cut the smallest triangle from Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped the triangular motif onto it using Dark Chocolate ink. I then cut the largest triangle from Vintage Cream ink and layered it under the stamped smaller one to create a nice mat.
Two of the triangular motifs from Tranquility Trilogy layered on top of one another create a beautiful star, perfect for the occasion. I die-cut two of the smallest triangles from Blueberry Sky cardstock and stamped the coordinating motifs using Enchanted Evening ink. A rhinestone was added to each point for definition and sparkle.
I jat adore this next card because it allowed me to play around with my neglected Perfect Pearls. I have an entire box full of beautiful colors and hadn't had them out for years! In case you are not familiar with Perfect Pearls, they are an amazing product put out by Ranger, and you can read more about them HERE.
I stamped one of the triangular motifs repeatedly with VersaMark ink, forming a hexagon. I then brushed on Turquoise Perfect Pearls onto the center, and added a little Foever Violet Perfect Pearls around the edge. I highly recommend using a Swiffer Sweeper Dry Cloth to remove the excess powder when you are done. It works like a charm. Once completed, you will want to "seal" the powdered image with a light coating of hairspray. You'll want to spray it with an even coverage from a bit of a distance so you don't get any splotching.
These particular colors show up magnificently on Royal Velvet cardstock. A real "WOW" effect for sure! For the sentiment, I stamped "Wonderful Friend" from Think Big Favorites #4 onto Hawaiian Shores cardstock with VersaMark and heat embossed it with Silver Filigree Embossing Powder.
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to read more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.
I hope you enjoyed all of the projects myself and the team have shared with you today. This collection offers such amazing creative opportunities, I just know it would be an amazing addition to your collection! What are your thoughts about everything showcased today? Do you have any project ideas in mind already? We would love to hear what you think! You could have a chance at winning this amazing prize package just for sharing your comments with us!
- Tranquility Trilogy stamp set
- Two Triangles die collection
- Favor It Box 5
- Fresh Alphabet stamp set
- Fillable Frames #1 stamp set
- Fillable Frames #1 die
- Fillable Frames #7 stamp set
- Fillable Frames #7 die
- Double-Ended Banners die
- Turning a New Leaf stamp set
- Turning a New Leaf die collection
You have until 11:30pm EST, tonight, Thursday, July 14th to leave a comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our July 2011 Release Winners page no later than noon the same day. Thanks for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Melissa Bickford is showcasing her new sets as well.
Lisa Johnson has a few projects using her new set, Peaceful Garden.
Maile Belles is sharing inspiration using Background Basics: Vines.
ENJOY FLORAL ENSEMBLE
- STAMPS: Tranquility Trilogy, Peaceful Garden (available July 15th) Fresh Alphabet, Year of Flowers: Mums, Fillable Frames #1
- INK: Fresh Snow, VersaMark, Smokey Shadow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Ocean Tides, Spring Moss, Melon Berry
- OTHER: Two Triangles dies, Favor It Box 5 die, Leafy Vine Border die, Fillable Frames #1 die, Flower Fusion #4 die, glasshead pins (Dritz), 1/8" ScorTape, White Filigree Embossing Powder, 1/4" Silk Ribbon, Simply Chartreuse felt
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (card), 2-3/8" wide x 1-3/4" tall (box)
SENDING SMILES CARD
- STAMPS: Tranquility Trilogy , Little Labels, Half & Half(available July 15th) Turning a New Leaf
- INK: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, True Black
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise
- OTHER: Fillable Frames #7 die, 5/8" circle punch (EK Success), Pure Poppy Baker's Twine, black pen (American Crafts)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
HAPPY HANUKKAH CARD
- STAMPS: Tranquility Trilogy (available July 15th) Mazel Tov
- INK: Enchanted Evening
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky
- OTHER: Two Triangles dies, rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Scor-pal
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
WONDERFUL FRIEND CARD
- STAMPS: Tranquility Trilogy (available July 15th) Think Big Favorites #4
- INK: VersaMark
- PAPER: Royal Velvet, Blueberry Sky, Hawaiian Shores
- OTHER: rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Silver Filigree Embossing Powder, Turquoise & Forever Violet Perfect Pearls (Ranger), soft paint brush, Swiffer Sweeper Dry Cloth, hairspray
- FINISHED SIZE: 5" x 4-1/2"
GRATEFUL FOR YOU CARD
- STAMPS: Tranquility Trilogy, Half & Half (available July 15th) Turning a New Leaf, Daydreamer
- INK: Fresh Snow, Dark Chocolate, Smokey Shadow
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Fine Linen
- OTHER: Two Triangles dies
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"