The final day of the countdown has arrived and we have a BIG post prepared for you today to celebrate release night! I LOVE tags. REALLY, really LOVE tags! They make it easy to dress up a plain gift bag or a simple wrapped package along with some luxurious ribbon. They can even be applied to cards and scrapbooking layouts. Sine birthdays are one of the single most "paper-crafted" events for stampers, myself and the rest of team have prepared a Birthday Tag Extravaganza, paired with some festive birthday cards that will leave you so inspired!
Before we get to the projects, let me share with you what products we are introducing this month to help make birthday tag creating and card making easier and more fun!
First is the new 2011 Birthday Tags stamp set. A few of your favorite stamp designers contributed their own special tag creations to this set, making it versatile in style and appeal. All of these tags coordinate with our Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle Die Collection, which will provide you with endless layering possibilities.
- 2011 Birthday Tags will be available for sale on January 15th.
- I regret to announce that a small grammatical error was recently discovered in this set ("someone like you should be celebrated everyday", should read "every day"). We are delaying the release of this set so that we may have the opportunity to replace the image with a corrected version before making it available for sale. We are hoping to have the corrected sets available for sale sometime next week. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
- It will retail for $24.
- 2011 Birthday Tags contains a total of 19 stamps (11 tags, 1 small cupcake, 5 sentiments, 1 "To" and 1 "From")
- These tags coordinate with the Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle Die Collection.
To add to your layering possibilities, we have a new tag die coming this month. Tag Sale #3 has a basic shape to it that is so popular right now, but it has the added detail of de-bossed dots around the perimeter. A small hole reinforcement layer is also included to easily add a pop of color to the top of your finished tag.
- The Tag Sale #3 die set will be available for sale on January 15th.
- The set of two dies will retail for $8.
- The tag die measures 2-1/4" x 3-3/4" while the hole reinforcement die measures 1" in diameter.
I have another set of dies to introduce to you that is probably my absolute FAVORITE thing from this release.
For years now I have been purchasing large patterned number stickers, glittered numbers, felt numbers and more to embellish my projects. There is just something so graphic and "cool" about numbers in THE perfect font, don't you think? So, for this month I designed the perfect set of numbers. The size is just big enough to really pack some punch, but small enough that they can fit well on a card front with a little layering.
- The By the Numbers Die Collection will be available for sale on January 15th.
- The set of 9 dies will retail for $18.
- The By the Numbers Collection has a little bit of thriftiness built in; the "6" can be flipped upside down and used a "9".
- All of the numbers are individual dies and they average around1-1/2" x 1-3/4" each.
Now, after I designed these number dies, I said to myself "wouldn't it be SO cool to have BIG birthday sentiments that would work well with incorporating these BIG numbers into my projects!"... and Big Birthday Sentiments was born!
To help illustrate my vision for this new stamp set, I have included a graphic above that shows just SOME of the combinations you could come up with for the sentiments in this set. There are scripty, handwritten number suffixes to help adapt the numbers to birthdays (or anniversaries!). Sentiments appropriate for the young and old alike. And don't let me forget to mention that these sentiments would also work with any other number products that you might already have in your stash for even more versatility.
- Big Birthday Wishes will be available for sale on January 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Big Birthday Wishes contains a total of 26 stamps (16 BIG sentiments, 6 small "helping" sentiments and 4 number suffixes)
- Please note that this stamp set DOES NOT include numbers. It was designed to coordinate with the new By the Numbers Die Collection, however, you can really mix and match it with any type of numbers you might already have in your stash; stamps, stickers or otherwise!
- Big Birthday Wishes doesn't need to be limited to birthdays...several of the sentiments would also be appropriate for anniversaries too!
Today marks the close of one of our most colorful product lines yet. This month marks the last installment of the Color Couture Collection. We are sad to see it end, but you know Dawn McVey has plenty of exciting things in store for you in the coming year!
Let's not let that announcement damper our excitement for January's downloadable Color Couture addition! A variety of printable patterned papers in Dawn's signature color schemes will be a valuable asset to you. And the jumbo scalloped card templates she included this month are so amazing, you will love pairing them up with so many themes!
- The January Color Couture download will be available for purchase on January 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- The January Color Couture download consists of 3 printable card templates & 3 printable mat layer templates, 6 printable patterned papers and 3 Inspirational Inserts to add to your Color Couture Binder.
Now that all the formal introductions are out of the way, let's get to some projects!
First a little looksy at how the new Big Birthday Wishes set pairs up with the By the Numbers dies! Notice that I used one of Dawn's new January Color Couture Card Templates for the white base of my card! It was really pretty easy to cut out and I just love the look of the finished project! It's really nice to make a "non-square" card!
You'll notice towards the top of the card there was a fun little clear circle to help give the portion of the numbers sticking above the spine, just a little support. I started by die-cutting our Clear Cardstock with the standard circle from the new Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle Die Collection. I then stamped one of the flourishes from Embellishments stamp set using Black Noir Palette ink.
I stamped Simply Chartreuse cardstock with Polka Dot Basics using Fresh Snow. I then die-cut the numbers appropriate for my recipient using the By the Numbers dies. These were adhered to the clear circle. To adhere the clear circle to the card base, I placed Scor-tape strategically behind the numbers.
These beautiful sentiments come from Big Birthday Wishes. I love how the sentiments are broken into pieces so that you can add color accents easily, as I did here. I stamped "amazing years" in Summer Sunrise, followed by the second portion of the sentiment in True Black. Don't you just love this sentiment? It's one of my favorites!
I started my layering process for the focal point by first stamping the reverse polka-dot circle directly onto the tag using Spring Rain ink. I then layered it with the "eat cake" sentiment using Enchanted Evening ink. This wee little cupcake is also from the new 2011 Birthday Tags stamp set. I stamped it with Vintage Cream ink onto a little Kraft cardstock tab. A few lines of stitching on my sewing machine hold it into place.
For the borders at the bottom, I layered a piece of vintage book print from an old book, cut with our Small Scalloped Border die, into place. Underneath that went the cream pom-pom trim, attached with Scor-tape. Three buttons were stitched in place as a final accent. I tucked a bit of Enchanted Evening "In Bloom" paper underneath the clear button for extra definition.
I used a few of the downloadable, printable papers that Dawn provides in her January Color Couture download. I die cut the numbers 1-3, each from a different pattern. After die-cutting, I noticed that the negative leftover the die-cutting was just as appealing as the actual die-cut shapes! So I decided to use both the positive and negatives on some cards!
Here's the first one, lining those blocks up all in a row.
The team has been hard at work creating some amazing birthday tags & cards as well. Be sure to visit each of them and leave some love! They have really put SO much into their work this month and I am so grateful to have their creativity as an ongoing inspiration resource!
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Debbie Olson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to read more from Jessica Witty
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Niki Estes.
Isn't everything AMAZING? I figure if I make one of each of the team's tags using this one stamp set, I will have a FANTASTIC stash built up that ought to last much of the year! What are your initial thoughts of all the new products introduced today? Is there a particular item of project that really speaks to you? What types of things do you think you would create using these? We would love to hear from you! You could have a chance at winning an amazing prize package just for sharing your thoughts with us!
- 2011 Birthday Tags stamp set
- Tag Sale #3 die
- Tag Sale #2 die
- Tag Sale #1 die
- By the Numbers die collection
- Big Birthday Wishes stamp set
You have until 11:30pm EST, tonight, January 14th, to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our January 2011 Release Winners page no later than midnight EST tonight. Thanks for stopping by today and good luck!
Melissa Bickford is featuring some additional peeks at her new sets this month, Way to Go, Kiddo! and Healing Touch Sentiments.
Beth Silaika is showcasing her new set, Inside & Out: Birthday.
34 AMAZING YEARS CARD
- STAMPS: Big Birthday Wishes (available January 15th), Embellishments, Polka Dot Basics
- INK: Fresh Snow, Black Noir, Summer Sunrise
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Clear Cardstock, Simply Chartreuse
- OTHER: By the Numbers Die Collection, Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle Die Collection, card template from January Color Couture Download, black rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Scor-Pal
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
EAT CAKE TAG
- STAMPS: 2011 Birthday Tags (available January 15th)
- INK: Fresh Snow, Spring Rain, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Kraft, vintage book print from old book
- OTHER: Tag Sale #3 Die, white/cream buttons, Cream Pom-pom Trim, Small Scalloped Border, Spring Rain Gingham Ribbon, Blue Baker's Twine
- FINISHED SIZE: 2.25" x 4.25"
- STAMPS: Big Birthday Wishes (available January 15th)
- INK: VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, January Color Couture download, Kraft,
- OTHER: By the Numbers Die Collection, Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle Die Collection, clear rhinestones (KaierCraft),
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"