You all are certainly excited about what we've shared with you so far this month! But just you wait! You'll need to hang onto you seats when you see what else we have in store for you the rest of this week!
And there is no better way to continue the momentum than to introduce Heather Nichols' latest stamp sets!
First up is a very highly requested image that absolutely every stamper will NEED to add to their collection! Several months ago Heather created a free library card download that she made available on her blog (you can check out the original post HERE). So many people began using it and requested it in stamp form so that they could use increase it's versatility, we couldn't help but make it a reality!
- Library Card will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Library Card is a single stamp that measures 2-1/2" wide and 3-3/8" tall.
Heather has also designed a companion Library Pocket Die to coordinate with the new library card image. It does all the cutting and scoring for you, so all you have to do is adhere it together and have fun adding it to your projects! And remember, you aren't limited to using it with JUST the library card image! There are dozens of other uses too, especially since you can cut other materials with it easily!
- The Library Pocket Die will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $12.
- Once assembled, the pocket measures 2.75" wide and 1.75" tall.
A wonderful companion for the above products in the new Book Prints Impression Plate that I designed. Love, LOVE, love this thing! Seriously, one of my new favorite things! I will try to resist using it on every project I create this week! It was inspired by THIS alphabet arrangement I made with the Trajan Alphabet eons ago (which I still use to this day! The reverse side is a expanded version of one of the images from our popular Background Basics: Text Style sets.
- The Book Prints Impression Plate will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $16.
- The Book Prints Impression Plate measures 4.5" x 5.75" and coordinates with both the Trajan Alphabet and Background Basics: Text Style.
Next is the second stamp set being introduced by Heather Nichols and that is the next set in her Fillable Frames series. This one has just a touch of whimsy, but still remains versatile enough to be used for a variety of other styles. And who doesn't love another great font combination to add to the mix?
- Fillable Frames #6 will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Fillable Frames #6 contains a total of 6 stamps (1 frame and 5 sentiments).
- Don't forget that ALL of the Fillable Frames sentiments are interchangeable with each other's frames for even more value and versatility!
- A coordinating Fillable Frames #6 die will be available for purchase, retailing for $5.
Now that all the details are laid out for you, let me show you some fun projects!
First, I have a little scrapbook layout for you that uses a little bit of everything introduced in today's post. It features another set of photos that I stumbled upon of little Owen when he was around four years old.
Here's where I used the frame image. There are a few things I wanted to point out here. First, you don't always have to usw the frames & dies in their entirety. You can see that I trimmed off the edge here, giving it a completely different look. Second, you don't always have to use the frames as is with just a stamped sentiment within its boundries. You can also layer things within the frame, like I did here with the ticket die.
I die-cut the Library Pocket die from Simply Chartreuse cardstock and then ran it back through my Big Shot with the small text side of the new Book Print Impression Plate. This side of the plate is a bit more subtle, but it is such a special touch all the same.
I decided to be a bit unconventional and mount the Library Pocket sideways on my layout. In order to get the Library Card to be oriented correctly after this flip, I simply trimmed the top and bottom from it. I've always been a fan of hidden journaling like this. It makes the reader feel as though they are uncovering a long lost secret or something, which is engaging. The Library Pocket die makes it quick and easy to create this type of journaling and can in turn be customizable to suit your style.
On the left-side of the layout, you might have noticed the patterned strip. I achieved this by stamping the woodgrain first, masking the edge with a post-it note and adding the text in the opposing direction. It really creates a cool effect.
The title was created with Fresh Alphabet using True Black ink and a sentiment from Fillable Frames #6 stamped in Fresh Snow ink. The circular "Original" image is from Dawn's new It's Official stamp set. The entire title strip was created from kraft cardstock. I stamped it with Giga Guide Lines and Simply Chartreuse ink.
After the pocket is constructed, adhere it directly to the card front. As you can see here, I "frilled it up" with the addition of some layers of pretty Sweet Blush satin ribbon and of course, another ticket!
This ticket was die cut from white cardstock, with the border & sentiment stamped with Sweet Blush & Melon Berry ink. I love the way the ticket looks with the ribbon layered underneath it like this and will definitely be doing it again.
I created a library card for my pocket by stamping the Library Card image onto Sweet Blush cardstock using Melon Berry ink. I stamped the flourish accent from Big & Bold Wishes in Fresh Snow ink at the top of the card. The sentiment is from Fillable Frames #6. I stamped it onto the card using Dark Chocolate ink.
I stamped these flowers from Year of Flowers: Violets onto Stamper's Select cardstock using Black Noir ink. I then colored the flowers with the Berry Sorbet Copic Trio. Notice that I went back in with the Colorless Blender to create the "line" detail around the center of the flower.
I applied rhinestones to the centers of the flowers for some extra sparkle.
I wanted to create some colorful backgound paper as a jumping point for my project. I stamped the large leaves from Turning a New Leaf using Spring Moss ink. I then added the flowers with Lemon Tart ink, adding a small dot with a Copic marker to the center of each bloom. I then added the small single leaves with New Leaf ink.
I used the new XL Rickrack die with Harvest Gold cardstock to create an accent strip for the center of my card front. As a fun little touch, I stitched down the center of the rickrack with my sewing machine.
The completed tea pocket can hold 2-3 bags of tea. Not only will the recipient love rcieving this in their gift set, but since it is made from durable felt, they can keep it for years to come to tuck away into their purse so they can be prepared to have their favorite tea on hand even on the go.
Now, wasn't all of that just WAY too much fun!!!! I really enjoyed with working with all of these goodies and I just KNOW when you get your package this month you will have loads of fun with them too! What are your initial thoughts about today's introductions? Do you have a favorite? What do you think you will use the most? Share your thoughts with us for a chance to win big! Here's what is up for grabs!
- Library Card stamp
- Library Pocket die
- Book Print impression plate
- Fillable Frames #6 stamp set
- Fillable Frames #6 die
- Mini Scrapbook Series: Tabs stamp set
- Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger stamp set
With a $73 value, this prize package contains much of what you would need to complete today's projects! This contest ends on Monday, July 12th, 7am EST. Please, only one entry per person. One randomly selected winner will be announced by noon the same day on our July Release Winners page.
Stop by and visit Heather Nichols today to see what she has created with all these goodies!
Alli Miles is sharing more inspiration using her Birthday Bash Sentiments set.
Niki Estes has another project to share utilizing School Time & Additions.
Dawn McVey showcases her new It's Official set as well as the new Color Couture download.
PLAY & BE HAPPY LAYOUT
- STAMPS: Library Card, Fillable Frames #6, It's Official, Just the Ticket (available July 15th), Background Basics: Woodgrain, Background Basics: Text Style II, Giga Guide Lines, Fresh Alphabet, Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger
- INK: Fresh Snow, Simply Chartreuse, True Black
- PAPER: Rustic White, Simply Chartreuse, Classic Kraft, Smokey Shadow
- OTHER: Library Pocket die, Fillable Frames #6 die, Just the Ticket Border die, Book Print Impression Plate, stapler
- FINISHED SIZE: 8.5" x 11"
FLORAL BIRTHDAY POCKET CARD
- STAMPS: Library Card, Fillable Frames #6, Just the Ticket (available July 15th), Year of Flowers: Roses, Big & Bold Wishes
- INK: Fresh Snow, Sweet Blush, Melon Berry, Dark Chocolate
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Vellum Cardstock, Sweet Blush, Melon Berry
- OTHER: Library Pocket die, Just the Ticket Border Die, Sweet Blush Satin Ribbon, Sweet Blush Button, Rustic Jute Button Twine, Vintage Cream felt, Scor-tape
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
TOO KIND CARD
- STAMPS: Fillable Frames #6 (available July 15th), Year of Flowers: Violets
- INK: Berry Sorbet, Noir Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Enchanted Evening
- OTHER: Fillable Frames #6 die, Moroccan Motifs Impression Plate, Berry Sorbet Copic Trio & Colorless Blender, clear rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Prisma Glitter, 2-way Glue Pen
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
BIRTHDAY TEA ENSEMBLE
- STAMPS: Fillable Frames #6 & Just the Ticket (available July 15th), Turning a New Leaf, Tea for Two Additions, Tea for Two, Beautiful Blooms II
- INK: Fresh Snow, Spring Moss, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Versamark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, New Leaf, Harvest Gold, Spring Moss, Kraft
- OTHER: Library Pocket die, Fillable Frames #6 die, Just the Ticket Border die, XK Rickrack die, Book Print Impression Plate, Harvest Gold felt, Spring Moss buttons, Rustic Jute Twine, New Leaf Copic Marker, pinking shears (Fiskars)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5" (card), 1.75" x 2.75" (empty tea pocket)